A Fathers Bond

(just play the song through the chapter)

The train clunked on up to Kuoh throughout the night. Y/n managed to sleep relatively peacefully...until he woke up buried in Irina's bust.

He managed to remove himself and walked over to an empty booth where he fell asleep again. His slumber was short lived however due to Allia gently shaking him.

Y/n: "mom, can you not?"

Allia: "sorry, it's just...we need to talk."

Y/n could practically see the tension in her voice. He then turned to face her.

Allia: "*sigh* the woman that we met today was Kresus. My half-sister. She was regarded as a goddess of eternal night because of her black feathers. Humans viewed her with contempt and hatred. However, it was different for me. Because my wings are bright and orange like a sun, I was worshipped."

Y/n: "so Kresus is just jealous of you?"

Allia: "if only it were that simple. Kresus enjoyed her life despite the hate. But I hated being worshipped. I married your father because I loved him. When I did, my reputation was sullied among humans. I didn't care though. The reason that Kresus hates me is because she wanted Samael for herself and when I took him away from her, she became infuriated."

Y/n: "she wanted to be my fathers bride."

Allia: "yes. That and she wanted me to just accept that I was a being to be worshipped. I, of course, didn't listen. I settled with Samael for roughly two centuries before we finally had you. Samael wanted his father to see, so you were born in a church."

Y/n looked outside for a minute before turning back to his mother.

Y/n: "what are the chances that she'll go after my family?"

Allia: "as much as I hate to say it. They're pretty high."

Anger pinged in Y/n's heart as he thought of how cruel that bitch would be. That's when he got an idea.

Y/n: "mom, how powerful can a Phoenix become?"

Allia: "the strongest Phoenix in history had a hundred wings. Why?"

Y/n: "then I've got my target."

Allia laughed and held Y/n's head on her shoulder. Eventually leading the young Phoenix to doze off.

After a few hours, the train arrived and Y/n was taken back home.

Meanwhile in Y/n's mindscape.

Y/n: "guys!? Hello!?"

He ran up one of the trees in the forest that was his mindscape.

Y/n: "Nerolyth!? Cykran!? Ddraig!?"

???: "they are not here, child."

I turned around to be met by...myself.

Y/n: "where are they?"

???: "calm yourself. I am Ariit. The Dragons are currently storing power, they will awaken in an hour or so."

Y/n: "what the hell are you?"

Ariit: "I am a creation of Samael. He made me for god to shape humanity. I am, in essence, the first sacred gear."

Y/n: "you're the thing that possessed me when I fought Loki, aren't you?"

Ariit: "correct. However, I am here to help you. You wish to fight Kresus, Samael knows her weaknesses better than anyone."

He was hesitant, but he accepted Ariit's truth. Y/n then woke up and saw the devil himself chilling on a chair next to his bed.