T H I R T Y ~ F O U R

Ryes pov

The day i never wanted to come was here, if you thought its my dads funeral then you're correct. I never expected this to happen at all and even though i try not to show it, it hurts. The pack in general doesnt really know that im marrying andy and becoming king. We never told them about it, but im pretty sure some found out. I dont know how im gonna get through this without my father there to guide me. I mean i know he was sick anyways but i thought there was some type of cure to it but sadly there wasnt.

Every maid, every guard, every servant and every member of the royal family were dressed in black today. I was getting ready and decided to look in the mirror. I sighed, not because i think im ugly cause im like... Not ugly i mean look at me but thats not the point. I sighed because i miss him. The twins are really affected by this and seeing they're smile is gone really hurts me even more.

Andy was already dressed and was laying on my bed. I laid down next to him for a moment and i noticed he had tears in his eyes. I wiped the tears that fell.

"Whats wrong baby?" I know, stupid question. He loved my dad and my dad loved him. They were practically father and son maybe even best frienda which kinda sounds weird.

"I-its just that even tho you guys tell me that it wasnt my fault i cant help but feel like it was. You guys trusted me to save him and i couldn't. I feel...guilty" honestly that wasnt the response i was expecting. I was expecting something like 'im gonna miss him' or something along those lines. Ive told him that its not his fault at all and i really thought he believed me. I sighed in response and softly touched his hair.

"Its not your fault baby, yes, we trusted you to save him but it just was too late. There was nothing you could do at that point, he had lost way too much blood." He shook his head and a few more tears ran down his cheeks.

"Its not just that rye... If, if i hadnt crossed that border in the first place. If i had never ran away from home and into the woods i woulve never ended up staying here and this war wouldnt have happened" i wiped his tears once again. Im just grateful im being calm about this, if i didnt have andy i would be sobbing on the floor.

"Yeah probably, but lets look at it this way, if you hadnt ran away and crossed the border i woulve never met you, jack wouldnt have knocked some sense into me and i would still be the cruel, disrespectful alpha i was back then. I wouldnt be happy the way i am when im with you, i wouldnt be marrying the most gorgeous omega ever" he smiled tears still running down his cheeks.

"I love it when you smile" i told him and he blushed hidding his face with the pillow. I laughed at his cuteness and got up from the bed.

"Its time to go baby" he nodded eith the pillow still pressed to his face. He took it off and got up walking over to me and taking my hand. I looked down at our hands and smiled. I kissed his forehead and we walked together towards the place where the funeral will be held.

I saw robbie with alex by his side and andy smiled. He mouthed something to alex that i couldnt quite understand and he laughed and nodded. When did these two get so close?

~~

We got to the place and there were many people there, i could say more than half of the pack was here. Andy and i took a seat at the front. Some people started whispering things to eachother some we could hear, some we couldnt. It really annoyed me when i heard someone talk trash about my omega but i had to let it go because i was about to become king and that wasnt gonna be good start. This random dude stood in front of some thing and started speaking.

(K so i dont know what they say in funerals so ima just skip that... Sorry)

"We hope that the next king and all who come after him, act and work for the best of the pack and not the worse. As the next king we hope you take it seriously and swear to protect us if an attack were to occur." People clapped and me and andy looked at eachother with a small smile.

"Same goes for the next luna and those to come, being luna wont be as easy as it sound but youll always have your alpha and the packs support be from this pack or not. You have gained our trust prince andy" some people clapped and those who didnt want andy here stayed silent.

"Would any of you like to say anything?" I looked at andy and he shook his head. Lets leave the speeches to our coronation yeah? *laughs internally*

******
Heyyyy id like to thank you all for all the support in this book i truly appreciate it. Im sorry updates are slow but school has me dead and stressed.

I wanted to ask you guys for an opinion. I always plan my next books in advance once a book is slowly coming to its end and SADLY this book is coming yo an end soon (probs not) but i have two ideas for my next books:

° sequel to "i was just me"

° instagram based book

You guys decide.

Also thanks for not attacking me for what i last wrote i just had to get it off my chest and tbh i was scared abt what yall were gonna say but yall really agreed with what i said and i was like WUUUT??

anyways ima stop taking now

Love ya guys💕💕