Herzeleid

6:00pm on the dot, there's a knock at my door. Holy shit, I thought. My stomach felt 10 seconds from vomiting. But I took a deep breath and answered the door. There he was, looking absolutely divine. Hair tied back, a black t-shirt hugging every crevice, black jeans outlining those powerful thighs and a leather jacket.

He just stared at me. "Woah" he said under his breath, unable to believe his eyes. I blush and look down shyly. "Surprised I can polish up so well?" I giggle, since he'd only ever seen me in ripped jeans and a ripped shirt or singlet. Or naked. "No, I- you look beautiful" He smiles, making his eyes sparkle. "Thank you. So, what's the plan for tonight?" I ask, grabbing my bag and locking the door. He held his hand out and I take it with no hesitation. "That's for me to know and you to find out" Till winks and leads me out to the tram stop out the front of my apartment block.

My stomach was fluttering all the way to...wherever we were going. We got off at Bourke st and walked down a tiny alleyway. An alleyway I knew all too well and laughed. "Hofbräuhaus? You are kidding me. I love this place!" I grin. Till laughed. "I thought it would be funny and it was either here or Berlin bar. What's up next is even better though, I promise" He takes my hand and leads me towards the entry.

After some food and a few steins of beer, we left to go to whatever Till had planned. We got on another tram that took us out to Fitzroy, a nearby suburb. A little bougie but had some of the best venues for music. I started to narrow down the list of possibilities of cool places to go.

I'd narrowed it down to 3 different venues as we got off and walked up Johnston St. "Not to spoil the vibe but I might be on to you. Are we going to see a local gig?" I ask. "Maybe. Just wait and see" Till smiled at me and squeezed my hand.

Sure enough, we reach The Tote and Till gestures for me to lead the way. I smile at him and kiss him on the cheek. "Thank you, this is amazing" I pull him by the hand inside. I had a feeling I knew who was playing tonight but I wasn't 100% sure. Being in the metal scene meant you probably had mates playing at different venues, knowing all the up and coming talent, knowing the right people etc. so it wasn't hard to figure out who was playing when and where but some nights there were just too many gigs to count and I couldn't remember if it was Cemetery Urn playing The Tote, Greytomb or Hellspit. Either way I wasn't complaining.