Ich Will

I hardly slept that night. Overhearing a conversation not meant to be heard rattled the façade that this was all going to be ok. Of course it wasn't. I knew this was going to happen. Stupid me. This wasn't nothing, I'd invested my heart in these two men and they were going to tear me in two.

Morning light came before I'd managed to get even 4 hours of sleep. I got up and made my coffee Irish style. I had nowhere to be so I decided on a bit of a mental health day. And by mental health day I meant drinking on my couch and mourning the loss of the warm, fluffy days with my two guys. I couldn't help the way I was thinking; I didn't want it to be up to me to choose and I knew neither of them would give up without a fight. After an hour or so, I ditched the Irish coffee in favour for straight up booze. The day got hazier the longer I sat on the couch and avoided my phone.

I could hear it vibrating and making noise, alerting me of notifications I didn't want to read. Why did I have to do this to myself? I asked myself, taking another swig out of my low baller. The whiskey burned and warmed me but left me wanting. Wanting Till, wanting Richard. My phone went off again but the ringtone told me it was one of my bandmates. Shit, I did have something to do today. Band practice. In the blur of the drama, I'd completely forgotten. I got up and immediately a wave of alcohol sent a shock through my body. I rocked on my heels but stayed upright.

I staggered into my room just to see the missed call notification pop up. I attempted to tap in my passcode, failing miserably. Beauty of iPhones though, I attempted the finger print passcode and I was in. I hit the call back button and Leah's phone was picked up after 3 rings.

"Hey dude where are you?"

"Drunk at home. Give me a second" I managed to slur.

"Jesus Lainie are you alright?" Leah's voice sounded very concerned.

Leah and I had been friends since high school and she'd never known me to be late to rehearsal or to skip one. Even when I was sick, I was at practice.

"No. Boy trouble" I say miserably.

"I got you" She says before hanging up the phone.