Chapter 43. A Reunion With An Ally

Weiss, Ruby and me were making our way down the sidewalk of Beacon, making our way to where Weiss can get information on White Gang's crimes. And maybe see of any of Roman's goonies hit anywhere. AKA, finding evidence on their ass. We were making our way to this massive tower, which looked high tech as all living hell. And Ruby geeked over it.

"Wow! I forget how big the transmit tower looks so close!" Ruby exclaimed

"Wow! I forget how big the transmit tower looks so close!" Ruby exclaimed. "Yeah it's pretty big. Not that much of a big whoop." I said not really amused. Ruby glares at me. "You should see the one in Atlas." Weiss said. Ha information this expression that had a show off look to it. "That was the first one right?" Ruby asks. "Correct." Weiss answers. "Atlas delevoped the cross-continental transmit system to allow the four kingdoms to communicate with one another." Weiss explained. "Well. Thanks for the history Weiss. Your smart." I said. Grinning. Weiss smiles proud. "Why thank you." She says. "Ooo look at me, my names Weiss, I know facts, I'm rich!" Ruby mocks Weiss in a very, very, playful adorable way. She then covers her mouth to muffle a giggle. "Come on Ruby." I said laughing. "Don't be a pest!" Weiss said having a hand on her hip. "And Weiss don't need to be a butt about that she's just joking." I said. "(Y/N) you wouldn't understand." Weiss said. Facing me. "I don't need to. I get it, you were probably rised to be proud and polite. But come on Weiss. Let up for a change. Have fun for ones." I said. Weiss didn't say anything. It looked like she was facing me, but thinking about what I said. "Maybe (Y/N)'s right. Try to be yourself Weiss, have some fun and enjoy your time now. We're gonna be kids forever." Ruby said as she takes out her scroll. "Ooo im gonna take a picture." Ruby says as she aims her camera at the tower, but it slips from her hand and she drops it. Ruby tries to catch it but it drops to the concrete. It clatters onto the sidewalk and bounces a few times. But it soon stopped by someone's feet. "Oh." They said as they pick it up. We looked up to see who picked it up.

"You dropped this

"You dropped this." It was Penny. "Penny!?" Ruby exclaimed. "Hey what's up Penny?" I said happliy. "Uhh... " She looked nervous suddenly. "Where have you been!? We haven't seen you since the night at the docks." Ruby said. "S-sorry. I think your confused." She said. "Confused? How so?" Weiss asks. Suddenly, Penny made a noise. It soudeded ike a hiccup. As Ruby's scroll went into the air, but Ruby catches it. "Uh, I've gotta go." Penny says as she runs off. "What was that about?" Weiss asks. "I don't know. Do you know? Your good with knowing what goes on in people's mind." Ruby said to me. I responded. "She looked nervous. Or like... She never even met us." I said putting my hand on my chin. "Ok. I'm gonna find out. You go make your call I'll meet up with you later!" Ruby exclaimed as she follows Penny. "Wait! Ruby!" Weiss exclaimes extending her arm out. Ruby was gone. "Ugh." Weiss then looks at me. "What? ......... You want me to follow?" I ask. " *sigh* Yes." Weiss replies. I nod and dash after them. Ruby was following Penny down some stairs as she tries to catch up. "Penny! Where have you been? It's been weeks!" Ruby says as she stops her. I slow down, as I try to just listen in. "There's seems to be a misunderstanding." Penny says in response. Yeah. Shes acting like we don't know her. But I'm not easily fooled. "What?" Ruby was shocked she said that, as Penny keeps walking. She follows. Still going down the stairs, as it goes to stairs, then flat platforms, then stairs again. Ruby slides down the stairs railing to get ahead of Penny. "Is everything ok?" She asks her. Penny this time ignores her. "Aw what the heck?" I thought internally. Who could ignore Ruby? "Penny please stop!" Ruby exclaims. Finally she does after Ruby grabs her arm. "Look, I don't know what's wrong, but you have to listen to me." Ruby says. "Those guys we fought at the docks, we think they're up to something big. Something bad! I need you to tell me what happened to you that night." Ruby said. Practically pleasing to her to answer. "Please. As a friend." Since I was behind them, I couldn't tell what face Penny was making. But, I heard her sigh. She then leans in to Ruby. She was whispering. "Dang. How in I suppose to hear now?" I wondered. I got my answer. "I can help with that." Venom returned to damn near kill me from fright. I jumped but didn't make a noise or said anything. "(Y/N), block out anything around. Force yourself to ignore everything around you. And focus. And with that, you'll hear." With no hesitation or sound, I did as command. I try to focus, to try and block everything our around me. After a few failed attempts. I did the impossible. I did.

And holy hell, I could hear everything. From far away, to every bring to clearly. Like I heard two students talk about homework, heard a girl and a bit talk about their next dating location, and I could hear a bike, and hear all the parts move and grind on each other. And finally, I hear what Penny said perfectly. "It isn't safe here to talk. Let's go somewhere less." She says. I got it. I unfocused, and everything came back. I see the two walking off a few stepes, in slowly follow. "Was that... " I start saying internally. "Super hearing. Courtesy of a Doctor in GenTek. I remember this doctors name. You know him too, bit no, it's not that Doctor Kurisu." Venom said. I'm really starting to n think he's talking to me telepathically. And he's. I believe I know which doctor he's talking about. It was in that memory flashback when he first met Alex. And he quote...

'Showed me the truth, let the truth sink in'

Again, that man is not trustworthy. He's crazy as if that wasn't obvious. Madness plagues his eyes. Like the virus that go see through his veins. Like... Me too. Anyways. I was still keeping a slow pace behind them, while also looking natural around others. Trying to not look like some pevert stalker behind them. I was just slowly, and lowkey following them. Listening in. I hear them talking. Manly Ruby, asking Penny of this spot, or the next spot, and the NEXT spot, was a good place to talk. But Penny kept saying no. As she wanted a very private area. I kept my slow lowkey pace behind them, now wanting to be seen. As I'm pretty sure Ruby wanted to deal with this alone. I'm sorry, but if Penny is having emotional problems. I wanna help too. Sorry Ruby. I can still hear the two trying to find private spot to talk. But they could take find one. But the three of us were slowly making our way to the city. I sighed. "Great making this harder." I thought. "Focus on the task at hand, keep following (Y/N)." I hear Venom say. "Well never knew you were so commanding Sir Alien Body Invader." I thought. "I've told you before, I'm here to help and defend you, not corrupt you like shit in movies." Oh so he knows how to curse? And say things a normal human would say? Yeah. This thing is an alien with life and intelligence. And of course. Like I said. Ruby, Penny, me and Venom. Made our way to the town, as those two search for a place with no eyes watching. As WE follow. Hope Weiss got the info from Atlas or whatever, because I know this'll take a while.

TO BE CONTINUED....