Chapter 61: Into the Shadows

My training with Weiss was finally completed. And you'll be surprised to know the fact I was not tired on the slightest. Yeah my skin was bruised and scratched up. But I didn't feel remotely tired and exhausted from all the training I was getting. I still felt full on stamina. Which is why I was ready for my next trainer. Blake. And with Blake, I know I'll use every muscle in my body to be her student. Because she utilize a lot of every muscle in her. Yes everyone in the team uses every muscles to the max, but to me Blake uses her arms with her weapon and her legs to kick and jump around the battlefield. So I see that as her using more of all her muscles more. Weiss of course took some rest and sat down next to Ruby and Yang. As Blake sat up and approched me. "Your learning fast (Y/N)." Blake says. "And you know when and how to push yourself, especially when you would do junping tactics. I like that." She says. I smiled as I scrached the back of my head. "So I think you'll do just fine with my training. You ready? Or do you want to rest a bit?" Blake asks. I gave a bit of a cocky response. "I'll be fine Blake. Don't worry about me. Im ready." I said. Blake smiles happily. But it seen changed to a confident mischievous look. She had hard challenges for me...and of course. I was nervous. Blake please don't butcher me. I have to stay in one piece for when Yang trains me.

Lesson one: The Shadows and Acrobatics.

Now this is something unique. As Blake firsts mentions "Ok (Y/N), I think you've completely learned and maybe mastered everything do to with swinging a weapon. But I'll try to teach you more if I can." Blake says. Now heres where the uniqueness comes into play. "But heres what I'll be teaching you." She says. "What's that?" I ask. "To learn how to blend into the shadows. And to use your surrounds as a leverage." She says. Now I was interested. And I knew what she ment. Her being the ninja that she was, she was telling me that she'll of course be teaching me on how to be like her. A stealthy Hunter which makes every little shadow into a cover to hide, and everything around you is a ladder to gain higher ground or a leverage to an attack. Now I knew I needed her training. Weiss and Ruby's helped me work with a weapon.
Now Blake was going to help me with blending in the dark when needed, avoiding dangers with said skills, and of course, using acrobatics and possibly grapple tools in gain ground. Such as with her weapon. Finally it was time to begin, but before that, we needed to move locations. At first, we were confused. But then we figured out why and where we are going. We moved to an area where there were more trees around. And mainly, trees near each other.

Finally it was time.

(Training Music)

"Now, lets begin." She says. I nod as I ready myself. "First, allow me to demonstrate." Blake says. "We'll start with simple grabbing and climbing." She explained. And instantly, she threw her weapon into the trees, and ones it latched, she gave herself a small running start, and soon with little effort and with some grace, she swung herself up into the air. And with one side spin, she landed onto on a thick branch. "Wow..." I mutter. "Give it a try (Y/N). But take it slow. Try landing a smaller branch. But one that will handle your weight." She said. She then jumps back down and right back at my side. But then she handed me her weapon! "Uh? Blake your giving me your weapon..?" I ask. Surprised. "We'll we don't have anything less to act for it." She explains. Then continues. "Just throw it onto....that tree there." She says, pointing at a specific oak tree after a pause. "Ok." I responded. Nodding. I slightly rises the weapon, and took aim....focusing. After a small intake, I threw it. Hoping to land my mark.

And luckily, I did. "Yes." I mutter. "Yeah. Thats it." Blake said happily. "Now..." I mutter. Starting my running start. "Do it..." I begin my jump. "Woah, careful, careful, CAREFUL!" Blake's tone soon turns to worry then panic as when I left myself off the ground, I over do it and when i swung myself to the right, I pulled too hard and the blade let go of the branch and I found myself spinning out in the air. "OH CRAP OHHH!!!" I crash land into dead sticks, leaves and maybe a tree stump? I don't know. I just know, what I hit, IT HURT. "Oh this is gonna be painful for him..." Blake says. "Yeah I know..." I muttered in pain, as I wirthe and groan. I get up again, and ready to try again. Though I had a slight limp in my leg and my back hurted if I do a too big of moment. "Um...shouldnt you wait a bit? You just smashed your spine" Yang said. "Take a little rest (Y/N)." Ruby said. Worry in her tone. "Ok...i'll rest a little." I said. As I started to stretch. "I gonna stretch, that really hurt." As I stretched, I felt the pain of aching muscles from the impact. "Aw God that freaking hurt." I groaned. "Be careful (Y/N) please. You'll kill yourself if you keep this recklessness." Weiss said. "Yeah, yeah I know mom." I joked after hearing a few satisfying pops from my joints.