Chapter 68: Search and Destroy

"UGH! WHAT TH-!" A painful sounding thud echoes out through the room. Then another. Then a clatter followed immediately after. The clatter of a suit wearing goon. Now unconscious. After I smashed his head against the wall, then the table. His body laid limp. After I shoved him aggressively back onto the ground. Though he wasn't there for long as I had to dragged him into a closet near by. Which was a lucky placement. I opened it and dumped his body inside. Putting his fallen red sunglasses inside with him. I closed it and continued my way through the building.

I had already entered the building those traders entered after finishing their business with the Blacklight soldier. I had to sneak in through a window. A window I had to smash. Which of course, causes the guards inside to come and search the area. They barrage in quickly through the door, guns drawn, ready to shoot!

Though they found nothing. There was nothing in the room. Nothing but glass the shards of the bursted window. "Search the area." One of the guards said. They start to search the room. Going through all of the room's areas and supplies. Moving out, to the side, or straight shoving it out of the way. Trying to find the source of what made the window explode like that. As it looked as if a large rock was thrown at it. But there was no rocks in the abandon docks they were at. But after a while (7 or more minutes to be specific) they stop the search. "Must be my imagnaiton." One of them say. "It could have been some dumb bird." Another one of the guards say. Then footsteps were heard. I wait for a bit... Then peek out from my hiding spot. And from the little spot I peeked from, I looked to my left, then my right.

Nothing. I was in the clear.

But just to be extra sure... "Hey. Venom." I call. Venom's slime like snake body formed from my back as he looked at me curiously. "Is there anyone there?" I asked. Venom slightly extended his neck, as he searched the area without giving our position. Not only was he checking our lefts and rights, but he was using his senses to complete make sure none of the guards were still lingering around in the area. And judging by the nod he gave me, we were in the clear. I slowly crawled out of the hiding spot we hid in. Trying to make little noise as possible. The spot me and Venom hid in was a corner with lots of random items and junk the room was packing. But the viards actually went thought the area. Moving and shoving the items we hid behind out of the way. Normally, it would be a fatal error to be found right there of course. But, im not entirely normal. Espeially in the case with Venom. As in that moment, where I thought I was about to be caught, Venom revealed something to me.... An ability he had.

And that was camouflage and invisibility.

Venom used his ability right when the guard was suppose to expose our hiding spot. But thanks to his invisibility, they saw nothing. And this was powerful invisibility. As the guard wasn't able to even sense my presence. I was finally able to leave my hiding spot without making a sound, as I finally took my first steps sneaking through the building. I was down low as I slowly stepped across the room. And of course still trying to be as quiet as possible. And trying to avoid knocking something over. But finally, I reached the door frame, and slightly peeked out the frame. I looked right, left, and straight. Seeing down the three halls. "Were good. Go." Venom said. I decided to take the right halls. Still moving at my slow stealth speed. Being low as I stepped. Like in a certain fantasy game I saw Yang play. As I made my way to another room down the hall, my ears started to pick up on something. It was a conversation. Though what the conversation was about I have no idea. And in ordee to know what it was about, I had to get closer. Or closer to the door frame. But im pretty sure everyone could tell why I would be unsure and nervous to do that. But I had to do this. For two reasons.

Reason 1. I need to learn and know everything these people are doing here. As it could be of use.

Resson 2. I've noticed im a pretty nosey person.