Chapter 14

Shivaay's raising temperature makes Anika worried very much.Thinking awhile she gets down the bed and reaches for the first aid box beside bed side drawer.Bringing out the thermometer she checks Shivaay's fever.It shows 102 degree which is quite high.

Anika puts her hand on Shivaay's forehead.He stirs a little in his sleep.
While caressing his hair Anika starts thinking something.Later she gets down the bed again then returns with a bowl filled with water and a strip of cloth.
Soaking the cloth in water she places it on Shivaay's forehead.Checking the cloth,she keeps on changing it with another wet one.At one point Shivaay starts saying in his fever-inflicted tone-

S:  A..Ani..ka...plz don't stop talking with me.I..I..will never shout at you-Pinky...Pinky Promise.Don't leave me Anika,don't........He tries to hold Anika's hand.She takes Shivaay's hand in her hand and says-

A:  I won't go anywhere Shivaay.I will be with you,always.

Shivaay grasps Anika's one hand upon his chest and keeps it near his heart.Anika enjoins her other hand with Shivaay's and feels the fast racing heart beats of Shivaay.............

Next Morning
___________

Around 7 am
-----------------

Shivaay opens his eyes.Anika is sleeping keeping her head on his shoulder,grabbing him with her hands,closely.Her hair is scattered around Shivaay.He looks at Anika turning his face.She is looking really cute while sleeping.

He pushes aside her hair.Anika moves in her sleep and grabs Shivaay more closely while nuzzling with him.
Shivaay smiles looking at her baby like innocent face.

Then,rescuing himself from Anika's tight grasp,Shivaay puts her on the pillow.He tries to get up but Anika's mangalsutra gets entangled with his kurta's button.

Bending a little he takes a close look at it then at Anika's hairline which is adorned with a long patch of red sindoor.He takes off the locket of mangalsutra while looking at Anika.Sitting near to her,Shivaay says in his mind-

"You have worn those thinking about our relation,accepted those from your heart with every emotion of a wife attached with it.You thought all these are true but it's not and this thing is giving me pain,thinking about you.You accepted yourself as my wife,Shivaay Singh Oberoi's wife but Shivaay Singh Oberoi?What he will do?I could not stop you then how would I stop myself?
(He tries to touch Anika's cheek but stops)

You are putting me on test every now and then with your wifely Right on me.But how I will tell you that I have no right on you?I don't know,really don't know for how long I have to keep going on refusing you and your demands.How long I will be able to stand your innocent attacks using my shield of patience and tolerance....

I don't want to hurt you nor I can ever think of it.But you make me helpless sometimes and for that,you are not at fault neither I.Perhaps you and me have come into each other's life at a wrong time.How I wish this wrong timing turns out right somehow,through any miracle!......"

Door bell rings which breaks Shivaay's deep thinking trance.He covers Anika with duvet then gets down the bed to open the door.

House staffs have come.Shivaay makes them understand everything then distributes the works.Finishing that task he moves towards the room.There,Anika wakes up and finds Shivaay is not beside her,opening eyes.Sitting on the bed she says-

Shivaay?Where are you?

She throws away the duvet.Getting down she runs at the direction of door.Shivaay too is entering and they both collide with each other.Shivaay catches Anika-