Chapter 42

Doctor leaves making everyone overwhelmed,shocked at the same time.

Shivaay starts stepping backwards in a slow pace.As his back touches the wall he stops.He utters in a disbelief tone- Ani...Anika is....pregnant....No...there must be some mistake.This...this is not possible.No.

Soumya and Gauri look at each other.They turn their gazes to him.Shivaay comes to them-

S:  You....you two are Anika's sisters.You know her more than anyone else.What doctor said was a lie.This....this is not possible no?Shivaay sounds desparate.

There Gauri says sighing- Possible Mr.Oberoi!

S:  No,I don't believe that.You are lying.For God's sake stop doing that(He literally shouts)

So:  Di...is not telling lie Shivaay bhaiya.Anika di can be....

S:  No,I don't want to hear anything.

G:  Your refusal can't change the truth.

S:  Which truth?I know Anika.I won't accept any truth above her.You want to accept doctor's words?I have visited doctor many times with Anika.Had done her full medical checkup even just one month ago.There was nothing then.How can you be so sure?

So:  We are......just telling it as a probability.And there is a reason behind our telling.If you know,you will understand everything.

S:  Understand?Understand what?Do you know what are you saying?You two are pointing finger at Anika's character!

G:  You are mistaking our words Mr.Oberoi.Once you know everything,you will realize whole thing.Remember,you wanted to know why Dad was angry with di?Why she was in that condition?

S:  I wanted to but not anymore.

So:  Bhaiya plz,I am requesting you.Hear us once plz...........Shivaay closes his eyes.Opening those he says-

What I wanted to avoid all the time,is now standing before me.I think there is no escape.......Taking a deep breath he says - I am ready......After a long pause,Gauri starts-

G:  Almost one year ago di went to London to complete her Post Graduation.There she met Suman,Suman Shekhawat and they became friends.They were at the same university.One day her brother,Sagar,came to meet her and di got introduced to him.
He was a doctor by profession who was staying in London for a special seminar on cancer.From that time they kept on meeting each other.

So:  Dr.Sagar fell in love with di at first sight.Eventually he proposed her and she accepted.How,when everything happened di told us in detail over phone.Dr.Sagar returned to India finishing the seminar.After that he used to go to London for meeting di frequently.
We were happy for her.Di told us not to tell anyone at home.She wanted to give surprise to Mom and Dad.
Di was never interested in love and marriage.All the time she dreamed only about her career and her showroom.But Dr.Sagar managed to win her heart.

G:  Di returned to India and we met Dr.Sagar.When Dad got to know,he approved her choice.Sagar asked di's hand for marriage and Dad agreed happily.He invited our family at his home to finalize the wedding.But....

S:  But what?

So:  Going there we found out Dr.Sagar's father,Surya Karan Shekhawat was Dad's biggest business rival.They were not on friendly terms at all.He and Dad dismissed the alliance at one go.

G:  Di's heart got broken.Sagar told di they would get married then leaving India they would start their new life in London.But di did not comply.She wanted to get married with the blessing of two families.
She told him she would try to convince Dad.Watching di's condition,Dad went to meet Surya uncle again for her happiness.He insulted Dad on a great scale.
Dad tolerated everything but Surya uncle did not budge.When di got to know,she broke her relation with Dr.Sagar.He pleaded continuously to meet her but di refused.

So:  After one month,Dad fixed di's marriage with his friend's son.Surprisingly di too got ready to get married.But just one day before marriage she told us that she won't be able to go with the wedding.

S:  Why?

G:  When.....When di returned to India,her and Dr.Sagar's friends threw a party in their honour.In that party.......

S:  What happened in the party?

G:  She refused to tell us anything further.Choti and me were arranging her cloths then.....then we found out a pregnancy test kid in the cupboard,unused.

So:  We confronted di about this matter.She told us in the night of party both of their friends forced them to drink.They were not in their senses and...............Shivaay gets shocked.

G:  On the day of marriage di asked for one last chance for her love from Dad.She promised she would return after meeting Dr.Sagar and would marry the person he had chosen.She requested Dad to give her one last chance.

Dad agreed and postponed the wedding for two days.Di left the house in her bridal outfit without even changing.When she turned up at Shekhawat House she found that all the members had gone to Mumbai for some reason.

So:  When di reached at the bungalow where Shekhawats were staying,she got to know Dr.Sagar was getting married.His father fixed his marriage with another girl.Watching di there,he accused her of stopping the marriage of his son.

He insulted di very badly.Dr.Sagar told nothing against his father.
From the wedding venue di went missing.After two days,her wedding procession had to go back.Dad waited for her but she did not return according to her promise.
Then,in anger he went mad.He told us di took advantage of his trust and his love for her.He severed all relations with her.

G:  We searched for her a lot but could not find.We saw her for the first time when you brought her home after all that happened.Rest,you know.

Gauri finishes and Shivaay leaves from there without saying anything.

Some Time Later
_______________

Anika is awake and doctor is checking her.

D:  How are you feeling now Mrs.Oberoi?

A:  I am good doctor but there is little pain I feel.

D:  It will be fine.And you have to be very careful from now on.You are pregnant and this  is your first month.Many many congratulations.

A:  Say.....Say it again?

D:  You heard it right.God has blessed you with precious motherhood.

Anika touches her stomach where her womb is,over the hospital gown.One tear drop escapes her eyes.

A:  I.......I am pregnant?She recalls something- I got hurt doctor.Is......Is my baby safe?She panics.

D:  Don't worry.Your baby is absolutely fine.

A:  Where is Shivaay,my husband?

D:  He must be outside waiting for you to wake up.I am sending him to you.You take rest.........Anika nods and lady doctor leaves.

Shivaay is sitting all alone in the reception area.Gauri and Soumya's words are moving inside his head.He says in his mind-

"Anika....loved,perhaps still loves Sagar and they were to get married.Now she........O God,I will go mad.Here I was thinking..........What a fool I was!
But why am I feeling so sad?It's her life,her love,her decision.I was and am a stranger to her,that's it.Who am I to decide for her?
I do not belong to her world.I should step out.Yes,that's the only solution......."

Shivaay stands up.Taking out the phone he calls someone-

S:  I want Sagar Surya Shekhawat.Get me him no matter what it takes in the world.

Cutting the call he throws his phone and it breaks into pieces.People in the hospital who are around him,look on.

Shivaay goes to the cabin to an Anika who is happy like never before.They both go through the blast of respective happiness,in front of Gauri and Soumya.
For the first time ever,Shivaay feels he is betraying Anika by posing an act of getting happy when he is not.He gets rid of his sadness soon watching Anika's happy face,her excitement on being conceived.Her happiness is his happiness-Shivaay concludes at last.