Chapter 53

Time comes for Anika and Mr.Trivedi to leave Sunflower Petals.
He is talking with senior Oberois outside the house.Anika and Shivaay are walking side by side.

S:  I hope you did not get bored.

A:  You are a very good host.There is no chance of getting bored.

S:  What are you planning next?I think you should go on a trip,somewhere abroad.If you want then I can suggest you places.......What happened?Anika stops then looks at Shivaay-

A:  I....I was thinking to tell you something.

S:  By all means.....Shivaay smiles.

A:  You...you said you would....wait for me(She fidgets with words)to change my....my heart.I think....if you don't do that would be better for you(Anika finishes the last sentence in one go then looks away to avoid Shivaay's eyes)

S:  What?He is shocked.Anika returns her gaze.

A:  Plz,don't get me wrong.I am telling this only because...because there is no surety whether I would re-consider my decision to marry or not and how much time it will require.You have your whole life ahead,waiting for you and you should not waste it on me,in waiting of me.

S:  May I know why are you saying these all off a sudden?Shivaay sounds angry.Anika looks at him then recalls something-

Flashback Plays
______________

After dinner everyone gathers in the hall to have ice-cream.While eating Rudra accidentally drops his bowl on Anika who has sat beside him.
She goes to the kitchen to wash it.Going there she finds Dadi and Pinky are arguing.She is about to leave but stops hearing something.

Pinky is saying- OMM Mummy Ji,you are talking like I am asking Shivaay's kidney from him.He is my son and I know what will make him happy.Why,I am asking why he does not want to leave his obsession of marrying Anika?
Have you listened what he said?Dadi speaks-

D:  Haan,suna maine.Aur tu zara dhiree bool.We have guest in the house.What Shivaay wants to do with his marriage will be his to decide.I am warning you for the last time Pinky,stay away from this matter.
My grand-son will decide for himself and in that I am with him.......Dadi is about to leave but stops hearing Pinky:

P:   I won't accept that girl as my daughter-in-law,ever.Woh ladki mere Shivaay ke layek nahi.Her marriage got called off before too.Who can tell that she won't ditch my son at the altar and leave him?
I won't let that happen at any cost and this is my decision.

D:  Chup kar Pinky.If Shivaay gets to know then he will turn this house upside down.You know how he is.You keep on saying again and again that he is obsessed with Anika but I think you are more obsessed with her.
Shuru se tu uski peeche padhi hain.Bas bhi kar aab.And let me tell you one thing very clearly,Shivaay's decision is final and you have to agree whether you like it or not.I don't want my grand-son to suffer because of your stupidity(Pinky says nothing)
Everyone is waiting for us.........She leaves followed by Pinky without noticing Anika.

Flashback Ends
______________

Shivaay snaps out before Anika-

S:  What are you thinking and why you were saying that.....

A:  We are friends na Shivaay?

S:  Of course.But...

A:  If I ask something from you,will you give it to me?

S:  What is that you want?

A:  Don't...Don't  wait for me(Shivaay tries to say something but she stops him)
Husband-wife's relation is not the only relation in the world where two people remain committed to each other for lifelong.
Friendship also provides the opportunity to two people to stay close and committed to each other.
Can't we become best friends for the rest of our life?