Chapter 33

Sunflower Petals

_______________

Shivaay is seen in his room,looking around.Without Anika,it feels quite empty and silent.He sighs.
With a slow pace he walks towards the dressing table.His and Anika's accessories are kept there together,side by side.Standing at a little distance he recalls Anika getting ready in front of the mirror.He forwards his one closed fist ahead then opens it slowly- Anika's nuptial chain and vermilion box are placed on his open palm.Putting the vermilion box down,Shivaay takes the mangalsutra in his hand-

S:  I had left with no other option Anika.Already imposed so many lies on you,have kept you under illusion only for your well-being.I know you were tensed but I had to do it,for you.Don't know what will happen when you will come to know all these.Wish I could stop that from happening!But,I am helpless.I just want you to be happy and you will.I promise.

He puts down the nuptial chain on the dressing table.Turning back he heads towards the bed.Sitting there he keeps on staring a frame of his and Anika's picture which Rudra has clicked,on the bed-side table.
Few minutes later Dadi comes and sits beside him.She places her hands on his shoulder.Shivaay turns to her side-

S:  Dadi,you have not slept yet?You must be tired.You should take rest.

D:  Billu,are you okay?

Bringing a forced smile Shivaay says-I am absolutely fine Dadi.

D:  I can see that.Also can see what your eyes are saying......Shivaay takes a long pause like he is thinking something deeply.Breaking the silence-

S:  Dadi,am I doing right?

D:  With Anika or with yourself?

S:  I am in terrible dilemma Dadi.Sometimes I feel really helpless and powerless when I can't tame my own heart.Wish there could be some medicine to control one's heart!
I tried Dadi but failed miserably.I searched for answer but never found.

Dadi smiles and says- Human heart is not something which one can control.It's not meant to be controlled.
It's not your fault Billu.If you try to suppress your feelings,it will suffocate you in return.It will be impossible to live then.

S:  This is what is happening with me Dadi.

D:  But,you yourself has chosen this......Tell me one thing very clearly Billu-Whatever you are doing for Anika dear,do you consider those as your Responsibility or something else?

Minutes pass but Shivaay says nothing.Breaking the silence Dadi says-

D:  Hmmmm.....I understood.That means my Billu has fallen in love!Shivaay looks at her in shock.

S:  No....Dadi,it's not like that.You...you are mistaken.

D:  I am not mistaken dear.It's you who are mistaken and confused.You wanted answer na Billu?Here is your answer-
You have fallen in love with Anika.For the first time you are in love.Being the eldest son of Oberoi khandan you have always surrounded yourself with responsibility.Never have enough time to think about yourself.

In the process of fulfilling everyone's wishes,you forgot,ignored all the wishes of your heart,what you wanted as a matter of fact.
And that became normal for you gradually like a habit.
It could be like that but something got changed....Dadi takes the photo frame of Shivaay and Anika in her hand-

Someone came into your life and that changed that set-up.Your own heart rebelled against you,for the first time.And you got caught up in the whirlwind of love without your knowledge and- against your wish.
In the beginning you considered those evocation of heart as responsibility.But love's power managed to win the stubborn,unbend heart of Shivaay Singh Oberoi!
Your defense went on weakening as days passed by.Realizing that,you are feeling  helpless and weak now.