New life

Enjoy reading

Shreya

I was continuously crying which was accompanied with my hiccups. I miss them a lot. I want to go back.

Then I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up to find the owner who was none other than my husband. How foolish I am who could be the owner of the hand other than my husband?

"I am not going to kill you. You can relax", this made me cry more harder.

Is this the way console anyone.

"Hey don't cry. I am sorry. I don't know how to do this. Please try to understand I have never consoled anyone before. Have some mercy on me", he said.

"I miss them", I said while hiccuping.

"I know. We will go to meet them tomorrow. Just a night you have to wait", he said.

His face somehow made me sober. I nodded. He smiled at me and gave a squeeze to my hands which were adorned with heavy jewellery and darkest shade of henna.

He gave me a handkerchief. I took it greatfully wiping my tears.

Soon we reached to Khurana mansion. It somehow seems to be funny but I have never visited this place. They were the one to visit us or papa and mumma would visit them. I had some work at home whenever mumma and papa came here. So it's my first time.

The car came to a stop and Rehan exited the car and cane towards my side. He opened the door for me again offering his hand to me. I hold my lehenga from one hand and intertwined my other hand with his.

Ma was standing at the entrance of the beautiful mansion/palace with a aarti thali.

Aarti thali- is a tray or large container on which the entire puja/prayer materials are accumulated and decorated.

After our grand welcome there were many rituals we had to perform.

First Rehan had to find his name in my henna.

"What kind of ritual is this ma", he said.

"No whining Rehan. Shreya give your hands to Rehan. Let's see if he can find his name or not.", ma said and his cousins cheered.

"why do we have to do this ritual maasi(aunty)", Rehan's cousin Jiya asked.

"if Rehan would be able to find his name in her hand it will show that no matter what would happen in their life they would always stay with each other", she explained.

Now I am nervous. Would he be able to find his name in my hands.

He was looking at my hands with great concentration.

I was loosing all my hope when we pointed towards my ring finger.

He finally found his name yey.
It is just a ritual though

Then we were asked to open the thread tied on our hands.

I took 10 minutes to open it while he took approximately 5 minutes. He was really fast.

"this shows they would be able to open all the knots coming in their way together", ma explained.

Then she brought a vessel filled with milk and petals of rose.

She took a ring and put it inside the vessel and asked us to find the ring.

We had 7 attempts in which Rehan won in 5 times and I won twice. Not bad though right.

It's my first time getting married. This happens.

Do you really think like that. What do you think has Rehan married twice. Don't blame your defeat on stupid things.

I was feeling very tired when ma started introducing me with their relatives.

They are so many I don't remember a single person.

At last they allowed me to have some sleep.

They took me to a room which had a big door.

Rehan's cousins were giggling looking at me. I smiled shyly and entered inside.

C*ap, I forgot?

Today is my wedding night.

The whole room was decorated with flowers and candles. It was definitely looking beautiful but it was so new to me.

Would he touch me?

Of course he would genius. He has all the rights to touch you.
I heared the door opening and immediately turned around.

There he was standing with all his glory.

He closed the door and locked it. I felt weird butterflies flying in my stomach.

He started coming near me.

"Which side? ", he asked. He was looking so handsome.

"Are you listening to me?", he asked moving his hands in front of my face.

"huh? What? ", I asked.
"which side do you prefer to sleep? ", he asked.

" are we going to sleep without doing anything ", I asked and then realised what I said. He had a shocked expression on his face.

"I am comfortable on either side.  You choose", i said while looking anywhere but him.

He cleared his throat.

"Right it is", he said and went to the walk in closet to bring his clothes.

I found the bed so inviting. As soon as I layed my head on it. I felt myself falling in deep slumber with only one thought in my mind. This was my new life life with my husband Rehan Khurana.

How was the chapter?

I hope you like it. I enjoyed a lot writing these wedding chapters.

One more chapter is there and then we would proceed to our further story..

stay safe and happy.
Thanks for reading.
Bye