Coldness

ENJOY READING

SHREYA

I woke up to find myself entangled with my husband. I smiled at him. He looked like a child sleeping with his head on his mother's chest. I slowly get up and saw the time. It was 7:30. I took a bath and changed in another heavy saree. Officially today is my first day after wedding.

 Officially today is my first day after wedding

It took me half an hour to get fully ready. Those anklets mumma asked me to wear after marriage are making a lot of sound and I am scared it will wake Rehan ji up but I guess he is a heavy sleeper.

I went downstairs and found ma fully awake in the hall reading some magazine.

"Good morning ma", I wished her and touched her feet for her blessings.

"Good morning bacha. How was your sleep?", she asked.

Ma I don't think I had sleep last night. I so wanted to add. But skipped.

"It was nice ma. I was too exhausted because of the party", I informed her. I was really exhausted because of the party and also because of her son. My body is still sore but I can't lay in the bed for longer time because if Rehan ji would have waken up then I would have been more sore.

"Oh before I forget there is another ritual. You need to make today's breakfast Shreya if you are comfortable?", she asked me.

"Ma I am absolutely comfortable", I told her.

"You know how to cook right?", she asked me.

"Yeah.Back home whenever I used to have my exams I used to cook.", I told her.

"And why is that? You should study don't you?", she asked me in a strict voice.

"Ma we need refreshment and by the way I enjoy cooking", I told her.

"Alright. Then I will show you the kitchen", she told me and lead the way to the kitchen while I followed her.

"Pooja help Shreya in finding in the ingredients for the food she is preparing", she told a girl in her mid- twenties.

"Yes ma'am. You don't have to worry", she told her.

"So Shreya kitchen is yours now. Prepare whatever you like?", she told me while caressing my head. Then left the kitchen.

I turned around and found that girl looking at me from top to bottom and gave me a disapproving look. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH HER?

"So you are sir's wife", she asked.

Everyone calls Rehan bhaiya(brother) here then why does she call him sir. I don't like her at all.

"Do you have any problem in that? Do what you are asked.", I told her in a cold voice without any emotions. I am not the best person when irritated or angry.