Self-Respect

Enjoy Reading!!!!

Aayat

Days passed smoothly without much happening in my life. It had been six months since our wedding and life had been a heaven to me. I am having everything a girl could ask in her life- loving in laws, loving parents and a loving, possessive and caring husband always worried for me. Jiya is coming tomorrow as her college has given her vacations after her exams.

I spoke to her last night and she asked me to learn new recipes so I can make delicious food for her. I was excited to have my sister- in- law with me for the first time.

Don't think Rehan ji and I never fought. Blame me in this he is just being himself- the extra possessive husband. He met Sanchit the other day and I thought he might even punch him because he pulled my cheek. I felt like Sanchit was doing it just to make him jealous but poor guy is not aware with the fact that he is playing with fire.

At last I had to pull Rehan ji out and take him home. It wasn't easy to live with him at that time. He would leave early and return late at night. He really irritates me when he gets angry. I feel like I am living with a nine year old. Don't ask me how I cooled down his anger because its too private and I am shy to disclose it.

I am very well aware of the fact that my husband can be a shameless fellow sometimes with me but I can't do anything because I am in love with this shameless man.

Currently I was in my mathematics class trying to understand what exactly Harmeet ma'am was teaching us. If I considered school life difficult in terms of studies then what we have in college is much harder than that. Lucky for me Rehan ji was the topper of his college in Mathematics and I can take classes from him the only problem is he distracts me a lot.

After an hour of this boring class I can go home. I can finally see few recipes. I took out my iPad from my bag and started finding some tasty recipes for my dear sister- in- law.

"Hey Aayat, What are you doing?", Sanchit said approaching me.

yes he finally understood that I changed my name. It was so weird to be called by two names.

This Shreya name always made be remember by brother.

There was no news about him. I knew Rehan ji was doing his best to find him and I knew what exactly to do but I have to wait a bit more so everyone forgets about this thing.

I will do every possible thing to find my brother and that's a promise of a sister.

I felt someone shaking me.

I looked up and found it to be Sanchit.

"What's wrong?", i said looking at the new recipes.

"Why are you finding recipes? Are you preparing something for me?", he asked.

And i gave him a really look.

"My sister- in- law is coming tomorrow so was thinking to prepare something for her", I told him.

"Can I join as well. I want to eat the food prepared by you", he said.

"No Sanchit. Rehan ji would kill. I will bring whatever I will prepare for you when I will come to  college", I said giving him a pleading look. I don't want to go through that phase again.

"Fine", but don't forget he said and smiled then left to his bike.

I found Rehan ji leaning on his audi Q8. He and his craziness for his car.

I saw the certified Slut of our college giving seductive looks to him. Isn't she aware that he is taken.

"Hey handsome. What are you doing here? That too alone", she said trying to give her signals to him.

"Waiting for my wife", he said not even glancing at the disgusting woman in front of him.

"OH come on who marries at such a young age", she whined.

"I do", I said entering in the conversation. Rehan ji looked at me and smiled at me. I smiled back and glared at the woman standing too near than my liking to my husband.

"May I know your introduction Ms.", she said looking as if I interrupted her.

"Stay away from my husband", I told her calmly.

"You are too young to know how to take care of a man like him", she said suggestively to ,y husband.

"I may be too young to take care of my husband but let me tell you I was best known in my school for my strength to break someone's bones very easily. Also I have taken self defense classes and its not that hard to change some defense tricks to attack moves", i said showing her my fist.

"Stay away from my husband if you love your make up caked face", i said and she visibly shivered.

"DO YOU UNDERSTAND", I said very harshly and she nodded and then ran away.

I turned around and look at my amused husband.

"You are going to sleep on the couch for a week", i said while sitting inside the car which was luckily open otherwise i would be embarassed.

"WHY?", he said while entering inside the car from the other side.

"You could just ask that disgusting woman to leave seems like you love attention", i said looking outside.

"Come on Aayat You can roam around with that Sanchit but i can't even talk to any girl", he said.

"Stop the car", i said and he stopped the car immedaitely.

i felt like it was becoming difficult for me to control my tears. I just exited the car. I know I was being too emotional but it was too much for me.

"Aayat what's wrong? Where are you going?", he said following me.

I just wiped the tears harshly which escaped my eyes without even letting him see them.

"I will come home myself. Go home I have something to buy for Jiya", i said moving with quick steps. When i felt him grip my hand.

"Aayat what's wrong? I am sorry if i hurt you", he said.

"Its fine Rehan ji. I told you many times Sanchit is just like my brother but if you think there is still something wrong then I would stop talking to him as well.", i said.

"But if you want this as an accuse so you can talk with any girl then please don't. Its really lame", i said looking downwards.

He lift my chin with his forefinger.

"You are crying", he said.

"I don't know Rehan ji why you always do this? It really hurts. Am i really not enough for you. You say you love me but you say something or anything which hurts very much and then always say sorry at the end. It doesn't work like this.", i said and let the tears fall freely down my cheeks.

"Aayat please don't cry i just don't want to stay away from you. When you told me to sleep on the couch, I got irritated and said this. I don't mean that precious. I have already told you not to take my words seriously when i am irritated or angry", he said while hugging me.

"Rehan ji i understand. Don't say anything you wouldn't be able to take back again. Everyone do have their self respect and for me my self respect is bigger than my love", i said not returning his hug.

He sighed and freed me from his arms.

"Now tell me what do you want to buy", he said.

I didn't reply back.

"I am sorry Aayat. Should we go to the super market", he asked to which i nodded.

He said sorry again but I didn't reply. I was too upset to say anything.

ARE THESE ARGUEMENTS KNOWN AS THE PROBLEMS FACED BY MARRIED COUPLES. IF THEY ARE THEN I DON'T WANT TO FACE THEM.