Bad Eyes

Enjoy Reading!!!!

Aayat

It was night time and we all were having dinner.

"Bhabhi where did you go with bhai", Jiya asked suddenly. I felt Rehan ji stiffen. I kept my hand on his knees to calm him down.

"I didn't complete an assignment of my college so Rehan ji took me home so that I can complete it", i told her crossing my fingers. I hate to lie and I am really bad at it.

Jiya but really bought it and I am glad for that. She nodded and that's how we had our dinner in silence.

I was in the kitchen putting the dishes in the sink when ma came to me.

"I need to talk", she said but not in her usual her motherly voice.

"Ji ma"(YES), i said and turned my attention towards her.

"Who was that boy today Aayat", she asked.

"Ma he is from my college", i told her. 

"And what was he doing with you", she asked raising her eyebrows.

"Nothing we were just talking. Wait ma are you .......... No there is nothing between us. We just met once in college and never talked again. Today also he came and started the conversation", i told her.

She sighed and took my hand in hers. Not the injured hand thankfully.

"Aayat Khurana family males are very possessive for their ladies. It becomes really difficult to control them once they loose their anger. It took a while for me to adapt to it. It was really scary to find myy husband hitting my work mates like a beast just because they hugged me. My work mates were admitted in hospital for a month. I fought back against his controlling attitude but it only made him more aggressive. He thought that I was taking other men side. It reallyh created a great distance between us but then I found that I was pregnant. He was elated by the news and everything went to its usual way. But still I started making 1 metre distance with every male leaving our family members", She told me with a smile at the end.

"Where was your security today?", she asked and I looked down.

"Where were they?", she asked again in a hard voice.

"I asked them to stay near Jiya", I told her.

"And why the hell you told them that", She whisper yelled.

"I thought she need them.."

"The danger is still there. Aayat how can you be so childish?", She asked me.

"Its been six months ma", I tried to argue.

"How many time It had been when your brother was kidnapped?", She asked. 

The moment my brother's name was taken i felt a lump forming in my throat and tears started forming in my eyes. I looked down.

"Didn't expect this from you?", she said and left in anger.

I felt tears falling down my cheek. I quickly wiped my tears and went towards my room.

I found Rehan ji with his laptop on the bed doing some work. 

"Aayat take out my night wear", he told me.

I nodded and moved towards the closet. I gave his clothes to him and went to the balcony. 

I stood there and looked at the moon. It is holi tomorrow and Jiya is going back. But the things which happened in the kitchen were playing in my head again and again. After few moments, I felt arms around my waist. I realised i am wearing suits at night as well.

"What are you thinking?", My dear husband whispered in my ear while his head was resting on my shoulder.

"Rehan ji were you hurt when you saw me with Krish", i asked and the next moment i was turned around. I was really close to him and he was angry.

"Never take any man's name from your mouth. I told you this before as well", He told me to which I asked him.

"Were you hurt?", i whispered.

"I was beyond hurt and angry. I wanted to kill him with my bare hands and burn his hands with which he was touching your shoulder", he said.

"You have anger issues.", i told him

"The only male having the right to touch you is me", he said.

"I am yours", i told him and he gave me a heart winning smile.

I turned around and leaned on the railing looking around the garden when a thought hit me.

"Rehan ji?", i asked looking straight as he was looking at me leaning his back to the railing.

"What if some day i am not with you?", i asked and then looked at him. He gave me a questioning look.

"I mean I can't stay with you forever. What if I die.", Before i can continue he pulled me in a tight hug as if somebody is trying to separate us.

"The say Aayat won't be with Rehan that day this would die", he said putting my hand on his heart.

"My body would be the only thing working with the help of my brain. I would be like a living dead body", he said looking as serious as ever.

"There is no existense of Rehan Khurana without his Aaradhana", he said. I hugged him and placed my head on his chest.

I am scared Rehan ji. Don't make this weak. I need to do something soon.

"Rehan ji you are having your anger control classes by world's best teacher", I announced as I moved towards our room.

"Who?", he asked.

I turned towards him still walking towards our room.

"ME!", I said and winked at him to which he laughed.

I smiled at him.

"Kanha please protect his smile from all bad eyes", i said in my heart.

THEN WE WENT TO OUR ROOM AND SLEPT WAITING FOR THE NEXT FESTIVE DAY.