Without him

Enjoy Reading!!!!

Aayat

"Is she pregnant?", I heard and parted away looking at the intruder.

There stood the person who I thought loved me more than her son.

I was the characterless who knows may be she will call my baby someone else as well. I will not hear a single wrong word for my unborn baby.

"Isn't it funny Radhika, the girl you were calling infertile is now pregnant with your son's child", mumma said.

"Mumma please", I said as my head was already starting to hurt because of whole this drama.

"What do you mean Aayat? Are you really planning to return with them", Mumma asked.

I looked at her than my husband who was silent all the way when I was insulted looking at me silently begging me to return with him.

I shook my head from left to right side.

"This child is not going to make me weak. He is going to be my strength. For me my Self respect is more important than love.", I said looking at my beloved husband who was having the fear of loosing me in his eyes. I nodded at him.

"I am not going back to Khurana Mansion", I announced.

"Papa would you mind me staying with you with my baby", I asked papa.

"Have you gone mad? Aayat that is your house and now this baby also belongs to that house. I am not going to let your baby for my mistakes", he said.

"When can I get discharged?", I asked as Vaishnavi already left to give us privacy. 

"I'll ask", papa said and went out.

"Aayat you can't do this. Rehan is the father of this baby. You can't keep him away from him", Ma I mean aunty said.

"Who knows whether the baby belongs to Rehan ji or not when he is developing inside a characterless woman", I said looking in his Rehan ji's eyes. A tear fell from his eyes and he gulped hard to stop himself from breaking down.

At that moment I wanted nothing but to hug him and cry my heart out but he never stood beside me when I needed him.

"I am sorry Aayat. Please don't make my son pay for my mistakes", she said.

"Sorry. I should be sorry when I thought I can be a daughter not a daughter- in- law in your family. I was so stupid to think like that. My hopes were too high now I am watching the reality. The person I loved the most can't stand beside when I needed him the most. I never wanted him to be with me when I am wrong but he didn't have the courage to protect me when I was right as well. I can't trust me with my baby and I don't care if you call me selfish", I told them.

"But....", she was saying when Rehan ji stop him.

"No ma. I deserve this. I am sorry", he said and left the room in a hurry. Ranveer papa ran behind him. I am scared if he will do something wrong.

"Aayat please. If you ever considered me like your mother than please come back home. My baby would suffer without you. He loves you a lot. He can't live without you. If you want I can leave the house but don't leave my son. He would break down without you. He needs you", she said and I laughed with tears in my eyes.

"You really think I am that selfish. I would ask you to leave the house for my happiness. No ma.. I mean aunty I can't. Do you really think its that easy for me to live without him. But I can't forget whatever happened today", I told her. 

I was feeling as if I can't breathe.

Breathe Aayat! Breathe Aayat! For your baby. Crying this much is not good for the baby inside you.

"We can leave now", papa said entering inside the room.

I nodded and stood up. 

"Can you walk?", he asked when I took one step.

"I know papa you are superman but I am pregnant not sick. I can walk", I told him to which he nodded still looking at me as if I will fall.

He was about to put a hand around my shoulder before another hand beat him.

I looked at the person who was helping me to walk.

"You can't deny this. This baby is mine. Though you don't want to stay with me. But you both are still my responsibility", Rehan ji said taking me in his arms in bridal style.

I didn't have the heart to stop him. His eyes were red. He cried and I was the reason.

I wanted to say so much but I can't. I felt so warm in his arm. I don't even know how I will live without him.

I looked back but no-one was there.

"Don't worry. You are right. I was wrong. I failed as your husband  but I will try my best to be a good father. I know you love me. I can spend my whole life believing that we love each other and you are safe wherever you are. I can spend my whole life believing the fact that you are happy. Even though it is without me", he said.

I felt it so difficult to imagine my life without him.