The Secret

Enjoy Reading!!!!

SHREYA

"You know Shreya your mother was unable to conceive. We tried many times even went to the doctor for her check up. Doctor told us that your mother's eggs are too weak to be fertilized. The embryo formed dies after sometimes. Your mother lost all her hopes. I was sad as well but looking at your mother crying every night broke me from inside. Whenever she used to see Rehan she would feel more pain.

Looking at the bond shared by bhabhi and Rehan she used to feel more down. Because of that I even stopped her from meeting Rehan but at last god heard us. I thought to adopt a child for your mother's happiness as for me she was more than I could ever ask in life. I still remember the date. On 2 January 2003 night I decided to discuss about this adoption thing with your mother. But when I woke up I couldn't found her anywhere in the room. She was already in depression and her not being found made me anxious. I was about to call bodyguards when I heard the voice of puking. I found her in the washroom puking everything she ate the last night. I was very worried about her health and took her to the hospital. There we found that she was pregnant", papa paused and smiled at the memory which made me smile automatically but I was more worried about my brother. Where is he?

"She was one month pregnant. We all were very happy with the news. And your mother's depression went away as if it was never there. God finally listened to our prayers. We were very happy and your mother completed her 5 months of pregnancy and she had a big baby bump. Everybody used to say that she is pregnant with twins and when we went to the doctor for the check up she agreed with the same. That day I was on cloud nine that I am going to be a father of two kids together after four years of our marriage. On 11 August she gave birth to our beautiful kids. A boy and a girl. That was the best day of my life. We named the boy Anant and the girl Aarathana. Both the kids were very close to each other from a very early age.", he said.

"Who is Aarathana papa?", I asked him.

"You need to be patient princess. You know Rehan was always close to Aayat I mean Aarathana we used to call her Aayat only but your brother Anant always had a problem with it. Even at the age of four he was more possessive on her than me. I don't have to worry about her till the time he was with her. Whenever Rehan used to be with her he would literally drag her away from him. On their fourth birthday they both were together in their room when a maid came and gave juice to both Aayat and Anant. She mixed something in it. She called two man and asked them to take the kids with them. My Aayat looked like me and Anant had a close resemblance with her mother. We tried to find them both a lot but we weren't able to. I found out that a boy named Ravi singh loved your mother a lot. He even asked her hand for wedding but your grandfather denied because he was a big gangster and married your mother with me. He tried to reach her but with the security he was unable to do so. With time I thought he left. But he didn't he was just looking for the right moment to take revenge and did the same. He took my kids with him. I don't know what happened to Anant but I came to know that the man to whom he gave her didn't kill her but instead adopted her. I found this after one year. Till that time he named her Shreya.", I was shocked listening to it.

"I tried my best to bring my child back and at last I won. But I could never forget what he did for you and us Shreya so I decided to not change your name back. Also it would make Ravi believe that I adopted you.", he said with tears.

Mumma was crying hugging me.

"What happened to Anant Bhai papa?", I asked him without even thinking and everybody looked at me in shock.

"What did you say Shreya?", Papa asked

"I asked what happened to my brother papa?", I asked him again.

"No what did you call him?", papa asked.

"Anant Bhai", I said and found a warm feeling engulfing me.

"Shreya you were 20 minutes younger than him and always used to call him Bhai. He on the other hand always felt more possessive for you. he always used to say,"Mumma Aayat is very innocent I would always take care of her. She will never feel alone till the time I am beside her", mumma said.

And at that particular moment I had a vision.

I was crying on the stair case of our house when a little boy of my age came and hugged me trying to console me and asking why I was crying.

"Bhai it hurts a lot", I showed him my knee which lifting up my frock a bit which was bleeding.

"How did this happen Aayat?", he asked blowing on the wound.

"I was coming to you and papa to ask you to play with me but I fall down.", I said with hiccups.

"Its fine Aayat you are my brave sister right. Don't cry it would be fine lets go to mumma so that she can tend your wound.", he said and hold my hand directing us to mumma -papa's room.

"Bhai you always take care of me", I said when he was wiping my tears.

"Because you are my little sister right?", he said smiling at me and I nodded.

"You would never leave me alone right?", I said holding his hand.

"We are connected Aayat even before birth. You can feel my presence every time I am near you. Just like I do and by the way I stay in your heart and you stay in mine so how can I leave you", he asked and I nodded.

"Also stay away from Rehan", he said and I pouted at him.

"No Aayat not this time. Stay away from him and its final", he said reaching to mumma's room and asked her to tend my wound.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"papa is he alive?", I asked the most dreadful question. He took a long breathe.

"No, after few months we found your clothes drenched in blood. I checked and the blood was O+ just like mine.", if the blood was not yours than it definitely belongs to Anant", and suddenly I felt hard to breathe.

"No, he is alive", I said holding the left part of my chest where my heart resides.

"Papa my heart says that he is alive and Bhai always said that he lives in my heart and I can always feel his presence around me. Papa we need to find him.", I said holding his hand.

"Shreya try to understand we cant . He wont even remember us.", Rehan ji said holding me.

"I am not Shreya I am Aayat. So stop calling me from a false name. He always had a better memory than me. He would definitely remember if I remember him.", I said pushing him away.

"I will find him out", I said.