Chapter 9 - BASKETBALL MATCH

A month later

Third Person's POV:

'Oops, it's already November?' Damn, time flew so fast.

It seemed like a blink of an eye for some exuberant couples who were triumphantly joyful together. However, time didn't fly that fast for those who recently had bitter quarrels.

Jennie and Lisa had ignored each other for a month already, so did Jisoo and Rosé. Well, despite the fact that they weren't couples yet, their hearts were already sincerely interconnected, they just didn't realize or maybe they did but trying to deny.

A month felt like a year for these four young ladies. They didn't even utter a word or gave any glares to each other. Their friends genuinely had no idea about what was going on and they also didn't dare to ask what exactly happened.

Today, 25th November, was a Basketball Match in Manoban High School. Foxy Girls, the top one Cheerleader, was now worried about their performance. They were afraid that it wasn't gone well due to a moody kitten.

This afternoon, they were going to cheer, BULLETPROOF, Lisa's team while Sana's squad would cheer for Hanbin's crew, JERKY.

The match would be started soon.

'Break a leg, guys!'

Lisa's POV:

'A month. It's been a month that she doesn't give a damn about my existence.' I sighed while staring at my own reflection in the dressing room's mirror.

'Is she already in loved with that Hanbin, the blue-ball?' I could feel my heart was sliced off ruthlessly just by thinking about them. 'Jennie, What exactly are we?'

"Hey, Lisa!" - A hand suddenly placed on my shoulder causing me flinched surprisingly.

"Oh, Kookie?" - I turned to him and offered a smile.

"What's in your mind?" - Jungkook worriedly asked.

"Nothing, just a bit nervous since this is my first match after two years hiatus." - I sat down to tie my shoelaces.

"Don't worry! You're good and we're good." - Jungkook tapped on my shoulder before biding me out, "We'll wait for you outside. Take it easy." - He smiled and I just nodded with a wink.

Now I was back to my gloomy day again. Jennie, the cat-eyes girl, wouldn't get herself off my mind. Her long beautiful name, her smooth natural face, her bright milky skin, her gummy smile, her everything were all in my head. 'Ruby, I'm stuck on you.' I took a deep sigh then walked out of the dressing room.

Everything seems so tranquil surrounded me. There was no fight, no war, no cheering like the day we'd practiced. I got no soul in me. I bitterly headed to the court but a loud voice echoed the whole club.

"LISA-YAAAAA!" - A cute Chipmunk ran toward me and pounced to give a hug.

'My miserable day now quickly turned into a delightful one.'

I giggled to her silliness then knocked her head, "Omg, Rosé! You're too loud."

"Ouch, you idiot! Don't you dare to touch my precious head." - Rosé kicked my shin as faking an anger.

"Shut up! Are you here to fight or cheer me?" - I crossed my arms to my chest.

"Cheering, of course! Here is your favorite hot chocolate milk." - She chuckled as handing me the drink.