Chapter 38 - RUNAWAY

Jennie's POV:

"Baby..." - I softly called her out as she was still laying in the white bed, having her hand held by mine. I pulled it tenderly to place its back on my cheek, "Please wake up..." - A verge of crying was well up, as I felt extremely worried about Lisa, my poopoo.

It had been hours already since the bullet was removed but her eyes still closed with her unmoved body. A tear finally escaped my left eye because I couldn't hold anymore.

'What if she keeps sleeping like this and not open her eyes? What if she leaves me alone here in this scary world?' Overthinking invaded my head as tear ain't tired from rolling down all night. 'No! My babe's gonna be alright. Tomorrow she'll be awake. Please...' I kept praying to God until I lost all of the strength and couldn't help but collapsed beside her.

I fell asleep, but the sleep wasn't well at all because after a short while, I felt like having a hand, softly played with my hair. I didn't know whose it was so I tried to open my eyes.

"H-How did you get here? Aren't you in jail?" - I uneasily asked and back away immediately, as soon as he tried to get closer.

"I escaped!" - He kept stepping.

"Stay the fuck away, Jongin!! - My feet brought me backward until I bumped with the rolling-shelf, and so I grabbed the knife to prevent him from going forward, "I'll stab you if you touch my Lisa!" - I threaten him while my hands tremblingly held the knife.

He smirked, "You think it'll work on me?" - Jongin then turned to me, tightly holding the knife that I pointed at him, "Come on, stab me! Stab me!!" - He gripped it even tighter to pull to his chest that its edge cut his hand pretty deep, yet I couldn't see any blood.

"Why? Don't you stab me? Are you scared? Don't worry I'm not gonna hurt you. I'm just here to revenge!!" - A sharp voice was elicited as he quickly pulled the knife away from me to stab Lisa.

"Noooooo!!" - I screamed my lung out and it completely woke myself up, "Lisa!! Lisa!!" - Unsteady breathe puffed while I was trying to call for my baby.

"Jennie?? What happened??" - Jisoo immediately held me and it was time I realized it was just a nightmare.

"Unnie..." - Again I cried. It was nth time already and I could still produce tear. My cousin didn't say anything, she just pulled me into her hug and softly pat on my back.

"Got a nightmare?"

I slowly nodded while sobbing. Then, Rosé uttered.

"Unnie-ah..." - She heaved a deep sigh as having her hand tenderly placed on my shoulder, looking at my swollen eyes, "It's already late. Please eat something and rest.." - She worriedly suggested and I just looked at Lisa, who was unconsciously laying in the bed.

"I will. After she's awake." - Gloomy voice was uttered as I now held her hand again. How could I feel like eating when my baby didn't even open her eyes?

Another sigh then heaved, but this time it was from my cousin, Jisoo, "Come on, Jennie.. it's almost 2AM now and not even a drop of water enter your tummy."

"But she's still—"

"Don't she this or she that! Rosé and I will look after her. Now go to get something. If you can't eat in this hour then at least have some drink. Milk or whatever." - My cousin continued her mom-side, and so? I had to obey.