Chapter 32 - FIANCÉE

Lisa's POV:

"WHAT DID YOU JUST FUCKING SAY???!"

My blood was boiling and my face turning red because of vexation mixed with disappointment, it showed only inarticulate expression on my face. I couldn't think anything straight anymore. I swallowed back the tear that I didn't want to shed in front of them. My hands were shaking and my dad just emphasized his imprecise sentence.

"I know your feeling Lisa.."

I speechlessly shook my head. 'Nah! You didn't know at all, Dad, you didn't.'

"I'm really sorry but we do this because we love you, my daughter. We have already decided it and this is what my old friend and I promise when we were young. So... Irene will be your fiancé!!"

My eyes gawked in anger. I sweared all the demon left out from my gut once he blurted out the name.

"WHAT THE HECK ON EARTH MR.MANOBAN? YOU REALLY PLAYED ME DIRTY!!" - I ran my hands through my hair exasperatedly, and spat out, "YOU KNOW WHAT? YOU ARE REALLY THE BEST PARENT EVER. THE REALLY FUCKING BEST TO THE LEVEL THAT I WISH NOT TO HAVE YOU AS MY FA—"

Not even finished my word, the hard slap came right into my cheek from my most respectful man who never once lean a finger on me.

My eyes went widen in shock. My throat went dry. I couldn't believe he did this to his own daughter.

Without even concerning how I felt, my parents just walked pass emotionlessly, left me here suffering alone in this damn living room.

'What did I do to deserve this? Why can't they just once understand me? How do I face Jennie, knowing that I will marry her best friend instead of her?'

Various questions kept coming to mess with my head the whole night. I didn't dare to tell Jennie. It would cause her pain. I didn't know what to do, who to tell? My friends? Not a good idea. Sorrow night seemed to be so long and I couldn't sleep. I smirked stupidly at the bottle of my whiskey. 'Well, at least it helps.' I giggled, looking at a glass in my hand before squeezed it tight until it broke and cut my palm. 'Tell me how to numb this pain...' I drunkenly cried out and my head fell on the minibar once I lost all of the strength.

[Pool House]

Sun-ray hit my face as the sun already rose. Blurry vision appeared once I tried to open my eyes with my heavy eyelids. 'Ugh! Getting drunk is suck.' I groaned hard while trying to balance myself to the bathroom and immediately vomited. 'Damn, Lisa! You're such a loser!' I hit the sink hard while looking at my own dreadful reflection.

'Why can't she be you Jennie baby? Why?'

I dampened myself in the bathtub, thinking about nothing. Absolutely nothing because I don't feel anything at all. Emptiness made me feel helpless. Even the pain in my heart, didn't cause me hurt anymore. All of my body went numb. It's became of apathetic.

Today I went to my office without bringing my soul with. Everyone looked terrified because of my restless condition. My eyes were wrapped with dark circle and my exhausted legs brought me uneasily to my desk. I slumped myself on the chair dreadfully as soon as I arrived. I then leaned my head backward to have a little rest. I don't know what to do but I think I should call her to end it. I sighed before closing my eyes.

Moments later, a knock was heard on my door so I allowed the person to enter. And oh, she came!

"Lisa?" - She softly called before she stepped in.

I took a deep breath then got up to her, "Irene.. please sit here." - I let her sit across me on the couch. Now we faced each other.

"You called me?"