Chapter 14 - QUEEN BEE'S DAY!

A week later

Lisa's POV:

"Good morning everyone!" - Coach Taeyang said, "Final Match is held in two weeks, so I'm here to remind you guys about practicing. Have y'all prepared yourself yet?"

Yes, our basketball team was chosen to be the final competitor even though we lost in our first match. So here, we were going to have final round with another school. The winner would be awarded with a trophy. I was really excited for that.

Since this basketball game would be started in two weeks, I planned to review my skill. The sooner, the better.

After class, I asked Jungkook and his team to do some practice together but I got denied because they have to visit his coma friend, Suga, at hospital.

Not to waste an evening, I decided to play alone in the court, backyard.

The weather seemed so nice today. It encouraged me to practice more.

I was now at the court, squaring my shoulders to the basket and place my feet shoulder length apart. With my knees bent slightly and back leaning towards the basket, I put the fingers of my shooting hand under the ball and tuck my elbow close to my body.

Flick my wrist towards the hoop to release the shot. My index long finger should follow through facing the basket after releasing the ball. Well, it was my fundamental in shooting.

Next step, I did the jump shot. It was most frequently used for a mid to long-range shots, including shooting beyond the arc. I could say this jump shot was an easy method to do. It was one of my favorite shooting styles but Slam Dunk was still the best for me.

The dunk was usually the most spectacular shot and was one of the toughest feats in basketball. It usually required more jumping ability than shooting skills.

So to execute a slam dunk, dribble and charge towards the hoop when ready to execute the dunk. Jump explosively to get as high as possible and leap towards the hoop. Lift the ball above the rim and push or slam it forcefully through the rim.

I kept doing many shooting styles like Hook shot, Bank shot, Free throw, Layup, and so on.

You might doubt why I only practicing the shooting skill. But you didn't have to wonder because you had already known that I was a shooter.

A handsomely hot shooter.

The sun seemed to go down. It sank lower in the sky, light of the day draining away. The darkness of this evening landscape pushed me to stop from practicing because I couldn't see the ball anymore.
Yet, I still didn't want to leave this court so I did one last shot.

The ball was bounced to the ground by my both hands slapping it repeatedly. Then I made it spinning around me before shooting to the basket.

'Yeah!'

It was a perfect shot.

Unexpectedly, an applause echoed in my ear interrupted my exhaustion. I averted my eyes to where the sound came and that beautiful creature really pleased me so much.

A smile slightly appeared in the corner of my lips while my feet dragging me to see the princess of my dreamland.

A ball was held on my waist then I grabbed it to do a finger spinning once I reached the fallen angel.

"Why you're not yet home? And thank for the clap earlier!" - I asked and stopped the ball.

"Well, I'm actually waiting for my driver but he seems to be a bit late because of traffic."