Max and Emmy day

Jemima

Max quickly pushed me out of the lift into the car park and up to a car, I looked at him utterly confused.
"I hired a car for the day, your chariot awaits me lady" max bowed comically making me laugh.
"You're actually crazy you know that drumsticks!"
"Crazy drummer and the little fruit loop, it's a good combo deal" he sniggered opening up the passenger door "come on! hurry your skinny ass up before we get busted!" He smirked at me helping up out of the chair letting me walk the short distance from chair to the car while keeping a steady hand in mine, gently helping me up onto the seat. I enjoyed the first taste of independence even if it was just a few steps into a bloody car. Max placed my blanket over my lap tucking me in, then folded my chair putting it in the back.

"Ready?"
"Where are we going?"
"No idea!" He laughed " You trust me?"
"Of course I do max"
"Then let go Emmy" I furrowed my eyebrows at him "let go of the control Em, I've got you you're not going to fall! Right off we go! Freedom here we come!"
I laughed at my goofy friend, he gave me a toothy grin as he rolled smoothly out of the car park.

He drove for ages and I watched out the window at the passing views wondering what bloody country I was now in, I had lost all track of time and place, being so focused on just getting through the day. Max rolled down the windows and I could feel the breeze blowing on my face as we whizzed past streets and people. I closed my eyes breathing in the air feeling free and at peace for the first time in weeks. I looked over at max who was drumming out a beat on the steering wheel, dancing along to whatever song was stuck in his head, he glanced up and saw me staring at him.

"Hey" He said smiling
"Hey"
"So...I Umm"
"What?" I giggled
"I've missed you Emmy"
"I've not been anywhere drumsticks"
"Hmmm....What do you want to do then?"
"I don't mind, just stop when you see something you want to do" I smiled giving some control over to him.

"Why don't you take a nap, you look tired."
"I look like shit max, there are mirrors in the hotel!" I fiddled with my boney fingers
"True, you do look like shit!" I shot him a WTF look "What! Your a fucking skeleton, you're as pale as snow, cold as ice, covered in bruises, black bags under your eyes..."
"Yeah alright max you don't need to bloody rub it in!"
"You want honesty or sugar coating! Yeah you look fucking ill Emmy, really ill, but when you smile all I see is my Emmy, my beautiful, courageous, fruit loop crazy, love of my life.....I see you Emmy, but you need to see you too, don't let this beat you Emmy you're stronger than it is."

"Love of your life!" I said wide eyed at him
"You're my soulmate Emmy"
"Max!"
"and I'm yours! And you fucking know it, so I'm still here waiting for you Emmy."
"Max, William..."
"I know, you love him....but you love me more, you're just not ready to admit it yet, and that's fine."
"Max maybe we should go back?"
"Nope I've kidnapped you"
"If You've got handcuffs and duct tape in the boot I swear I'm gonna kick your ass"
"Nah you couldn't even if you tried boney ribs!" He smirked "now take a nap! I'll see what I can find" he demanded rolling the window back up.

I closed my eyes and snuggled into my max blanket letting the soft fabric and comforting smell lull me to sleep. I felt a warm gentle hand on mine and I wearily opened my eyes to see max holding my hand just watching me sleep.
"You know it's creepy to watch people while they sleep max!" He just quietly chuckled at me, I looked around trying to gage where we were.
"Come on Emmy, lets go be free, do you trust me baby?" max leant over and whispered in my ear, I smiled at him and nodded.  He got out of the car and got some stuff from the boot and the chair from the back seat then ran round to the passenger side of the car.  He handed me a thick jumper of his and told me to switch it with the thinner one I had on, which I did. I caught max looking at my bruised covered skin when my shirt rode up, he was unable to hide his shocked expression, I looked sadly at him, he simply cupped my cheek rubbing it fondly, adjusting my shirt so it covered me back over, helping me to put the thick jumper on.
"There you go princess." He put an oversized beanie hat on my head that Matty had made him pack, adjusting my two french braids either side of my neck. "Warm enough?" I nodded and he helped me down from the car and into the chair, he tucked my max blanket over my legs, placed the backpack Matty had packed for me on the back of the chair locked the car and wheeled me into a park.