I missed you last night

Jemima

Max convinced me to go home and rest for a while and get something to eat, I couldn't believe my max was worried about little old me still while he was laying in a hospital bed recovering from life threatening injuries. I sat on his bed looking down at him fiddling with his crazy knotted hair.
"I'll bring a comb back with me" I told him untangling a piece of his hair in my fingers.
"Emmy talk to me" he said softly, clearly seeing through my cheery fasard while he rubbed my side with his large warm hand. I bent down putting my forehead onto his, ignoring the pain from my ribs.
"I nearly lost you max" I muttered a tear dropping from my eye on to Max's cheek.
"Hey I'm ok Emmy"
"But you weren't" he moved his hand from my side to my face wiping the tears away "I love you max" max remained silent stroking my cheek, a moment of panic rushing over me that maybe I had missed my chance, maybe max had had enough of waiting and moved on and saw me as no more than a bestie.

"don't ever do that to me again max weaver, I can't loose you."
"I'll try not to Emmy and I love you too my little fruit loop, you know that I'm hopelessly in love with you." we both giggled through the tears forming in our eyes. I leant down and kissed his lips lightly, but he didn't kiss me back . "Emmy" max sighed sadly, I cut him off before he could say anything.
"I'm yours max, always have been, always will be." I repeated the words I had told him while he was unconscious, "because you're my home max, I've finally found my home and its you max weaver, my max, my drumsticks. Never leave me max. Hold my hand forever, remember, I'm taking your hand max, I'm ready take hold of it now so don't ever let go. Like you promised me."

max kissed me cupping my face in his large hand, in that moment I knew he still felt the same, I hadn't slipped into the permanent friend zone. "I love you Jemima Miller, now go eat something! Matty's just outside the door we can't do this here. He'd still kick my ass even if I'm already in a hospital bed. This isn't the place to do this baby, your timing sucks." He laughed and I sat up gripping my ribs, max brushed his hand over them smiling sadly.
"All good?" Matty asked popping his head round the door like a well timed jack in the box.
"No" I said sadly "but I think it's going to be"
"Of course it will be, I promise you. Never letting go Emmy. Ever. My promise still stands." max squeezed my hand as Matty came over with a wheelchair for me.
"We need to bring him a comb back with us" I told Matty very seriously
"You can sort out his birds nest for him, I'll help him wash it tonight ready for you darling" Jackie laughed hugging me goodbye

When we got home I was royally pissed off with the boys and made sure they knew it. "YOU didn't tell me his heart stopped, TWICE!" I yelled at them
"It was technically three times but We didn't want to worry you" Ed protested
"You lied to me!" I pointed an angry finger at them "you told me he was going to be fine!"
"But He is fine Em?" Milo quizzically stated at me
"But he nearly wasn't, TWICE!" I yelled "I looked up the news reports on the way home! The car exploded! He nearly didn't make it out! Two minutes! Two minutes after they pulled him out! we could have lost him, we nearly lost him!" I broke down covering my face and felt a bundle of arms around me also crying.
"We know Jemima, we know alright! We nearly lost both of you, you were only pulled out just before him Jem! Worst day of our life sis. We thought we'd lost you both!" Matty sobbed
"We need ice cream and marshmallows" I sniffled out and we dispersed to eat comfort food together.

Matty helped me to have a bath while I comically wore my bikini and had my cast dangling out the side, much to everyone's amusement, Tom cheekily took a photo of my comic attempt at having a bath to send to max. I spent the night snuggled up with Matty in his room, I was exhausted and slept through the night for the first time in weeks.

We spent the morning together and packed up a few things for max to take to the hospital to keep him amused, they said he was still going to be in there a while even though he was awake and max got easily bored and fidgety when he had nothing to do. He couldn't sit still at the best of times so being stuck in a hospital bed was going to be challenging for him.