1

4 am
That night Louis couldn't sleep. An hour later Ian would wake up for work. If Louis was planning to leave the toxic house he would do it now or never.

Checking his phone the time was a quarter to 4. Slowly Louis got up from the couch aiming towards the front door. The floors were wooden Louis was so quiet that he was practically holding his breath. "Rot in hell" Louis whispered. Before he left the house.

Never looking back only forward. The bus stop he was walking towards was only half a mile away. The wind was below freezing as he walked. Teeth chattering the only clothes he had. We're on his back a beat up jumper and a pair of shorts. The warmth was no where to be seen.

Checking the time again which read 4:15. Louis has been walking for 15 minutes to the bus. When he finally made it he walked inside the bus. Showing the driver his ticket. "What's a Doncaster boy wanting to do in Cheshire" He asked. "Day trip" Louis said.

After showing the bus driver his ticket Louis took a seat. The bus was much warmer than the outside. Which made Louis happier to be out of the cold. Louis rested his eyes for a minute before he shot them back open. What would Ian do when he finds out I'm gone. Louis thought to himself feeling a little anxious.

After about 5 minutes the bus started to leave the station. Louis took a breath of relief he saw the town he once knew grow smaller.

Louis watched as the snow fell from the outside. As the bus continued on Louis fell asleep in his seat. The lights went out making Louis fall asleep faster. From there Louis's world went dark with sleep.

———
"Wake up kid" the bus driver said. Louis eyes opened slowly as he sat up. "Where are we" Louis asked. "Cheshire, that's your stop isn't it" He asked. Louis nodded getting up from the comfy chair he walked off the heated bus. Once again left in the cold air of the winter.

Louis started to walk down the early morning street. He had no where to go he was stuck in the unknown city. The night was still in the sky. Louis took shelter first by a restaurant hoping he would some how get food. But the food didn't come.

"Hey you no sleeping out side my restaurant" The owner said. Louis was too scared to move. "Are you fucking mute or something get off my sidewalk" He said. Startling Louis he rushed away from the mean man.

It wasn't long before Louis couldn't take the cold anymore. Outside a nice looking house Louis took shelter in the alley next to the house. What he didn't know was a window was in the view of the alley.

That night Louis slept out in a cold alley way. Wishing for a better day to come with shelter and food. The shivering boy was seen by a man in the window.