11

Louis
Time 3Am

My eyes were closed suddenly they were open. My friend called sleep was no where. Looking over Harry was sleeping soundly while the monster called insomnia haunted me. Getting out of bed heading over towards the front door I stood. The cold weather bit me as soon as I came in contact with the glass.

The house remained quiet as the only sound was the harsh wind from the outside. Cold is what I was used to from the beginning. He always was the cold harsh bitter monster that treated me like a useless boy I am. Cold was the friend I had along with sleep who is the cousin of death. Death was a close friend of mine when I was being abused. I wished upon it every waking moment of those dark times.

As I was going down a dark path I didn't know I was crying. What was I crying about. Footsteps were heard they were closing in. Suddenly I felt arms helping me up. "Wake up" he shouted. "What" I asked. The voice was Ian but the body was Harry's. He kept hitting me. I couldn't bare to see this anymore.

My heart rate sped up as I felt myself falling into a terrorized night terror. Feeling like I couldn't wake up.

9AM

"Good morning" Harry said. Exhaustion is also a friend of mine who is very well known. My concentration level was out of range I barley had time to react before I fell off the bar stool. "Louis" Harry aided my fall. His warm embrace was something that sheltered me from the cold thoughts.

Looking up at him he looked worried his eyes filled up in fear. "Has something happened to you while you slept" Harry asked. Should I tell him how depressed I've become. He probably knows how much as it is. "I've been having night terrors" I said. My voice shook with fear as remembered the dream. "Was it Ian" Harry asked. My hands shot up towards my ears blocking out his name. While nodding quickly with my eyes closed.

The thing about Harry is he never left me alone. He always was there so kind he cared about me. Ian was the cold darkness that's lingering away while the warmth of Harry is defeating the darkness. My hands left my ears I heard nothing as my eyes remained closed.

I felt his warmth pull me into his chest as I cried. "My...mind is in a...dark place" I cried. "I'm willing to bring you out of the darkness" Harry said. "You don't mean it" I said. "I do I want to save you from the dark" Harry said. "Everyone says that they can help me how can I get out of this pain" I cried.

My fists hit his chest he didn't move Harry let me get my pain out. My eyes are red from the tears all the pain was finally getting into the real world. "Fuck you Ian" I shouted. Pulling at my hair while I sobbed uncontrollably.

Taking a few deep breaths I looked at Harry who was sitting in front of me. "Please don't leave me alone" I cried. Harry nodded he held me even tighter "I won't" Harry said. Kissing my temple many times as he always did. "Neglect always hurts like a bandaid" I said. "Your not neglected" Harry said. Hearing those words made me stop my crying for a minute.