8

The boy locked himself in the bathroom. Taking off his shirt the bruises still lived. He ran his fingers over the bruises. The bruise on his face still lived but slowly was dying.

Harry ran a bath for the young boy. Louis stepped in the hot water a scent of violet and vanilla. Louis lied back in the bath slowly. He didn't want to go to fast. This moment was like heaven he hasn't had a bath in days. Ian wouldn't bother to clean him. When he did he would use a garden hose.

The smell of violet calmed his nerves he took calm breaths. Evie came into the bathroom she jumped on the counter. Evie didn't usually like people but she had a soft spot for Louis.

Louis opened his eyes and saw Evie looking right at him. "Hello Evie" Louis said. Evie stayed on the counter the whole time Louis took his bath. "You must love warm places" Louis said. Evie meowed once again, Louis lied back soaking in the peace.

After the bath Louis found a towel laying on the counter for him. He wrapped the towel around his body. Opening the door a rush of cold air greeted him. Evie followed him out the door. Louis noticed it got quieter than usual. Checking the time an hour passed.

Louis also found warm clothes out on the bed he slept in the night before. Slipping them on they made his body warm again. Louis put the used towel in a laundry bin in the corner. A crossed the room was a tall bookshelf. Different books from different time periods filled the shelfs. One that caught Louis eye was a novel called 'Alders' it was written by a man by the name of Rowan Kelly. Louis opened the book when he did he couldn't put it down. It was about a gay love story in the twenties two men Alders Lennon and Rowan Kelly fell in love. Louis was so invested that he didn't see Harry standing in the door way.

"Are you enjoying your story" Harry asked. Louis nodded happily he loved to read especially romance. "I've never read this story before" Louis said. "Alders is a real tear jerker" Harry said. "Is it actually based on a real couple" Louis asked. Harry nodded, he's read that particular story many times every time it never gets old. "I've shed a couple already" Louis admitted. "The two shared so much passion around each other" Harry said.

"That's why there love is timeless" Louis said. Harry took the book from Louis the line Louis stopped reading was a powerful one. Alders expressed his love for Rowan with a kiss on the lips. Alders had his very first kiss that day with the love of his life Rowan Kelly.

Harry looked up at Louis who was too busy petting Evie. "Louis" Harry said. Louis looked over at Harry quickly. "What would you like for Christmas" Harry asked. Louis shrugged his shoulders while petting Evie. "I haven't got very much at the moment" Louis said. "That's ok i was just asking what interested you" Harry asked.

Louis always wanted to flee the country go somewhere else. "A holiday sounds nice" Louis said. A nice holiday with a broken boy. A holiday to forget about the harshness of the world. "A holiday, where would you like to go if you could" Harry asked. "Paris sounds nice" Louis said. It's so romantic in Paris.

Later that night the two stayed around the fire. Evie was in Louis lap making the boy heat up more. "I've never seen her be so happy like this" Harry said. "The happiest people bring the happiest cats" Louis said. "You really made that up just now" Harry asked. Louis giggled while nodding, he pecked Harry's cheek.

"You make me happy" Louis said. Harry booked tickets for Paris that night while Louis slept peacefully. It was time to get away. "I'm going to make this the best Christmas for him" Harry said.