10

Harry
While Louis was in his bath I took my time finishing up with a patient. I'm a psychologist I've been one for years now. It's something I've always wanted to do. "Holly I think today's world is ready to see you again" I said. Holly Montana is a regular patient of mine she's about to be ten. No ten year old should have anxiety as bad as she does.

"What if my mom hits me again" Holly asked. Her mother abuses the poor girl, I've called social services many times but they don't care. Her mother is a con artist who hides the truth. "If she hits you again don't hesitate to call me or the police do you understand" I said. She nodded her little head, tears were coming down her beaten face.

Evie was in the room with us she was a support cat. Many of the patients love to pet her and she loves the attention. "Can I call my nana" Holly asked. "Of course you can" I said. Holly dialed her nana she picked up in minutes the two talked. "She's coming to get me" Holly said. Her grandmother was a very sweet lady who didn't take the bullshit no matter what shape or form.

After walking Holly out I went back to my office to tidy up a bit. The thing with holly is she has been beaten since she was about four. She's just now getting help from her dad Sanders had enough of the abuse his wife was doing to his daughter. "Why can't I just stay here" holly said.

I walked up to the young girl with sympathy radiating towards her. "I've already had you here for a month" I said. "Holly I'm here darling" her grandmother said. Holly hugged me once more before she ran to her grandmother.

"You go get set in the car" she said. Holly nodded running down the marble stars leading to the door leading to the outside. Her grandmother stayed for a moment. "It's good to have a someone like you to talk to for my Holly" she said. "She's a good kid" I said. "Have a nice holiday" she said.

Waiting till her grandmother made it to her car safely I locked up my office. Taking the hallway back to the main room of my house. Louis was sitting on the love seat wrapped in a blanket. Looking at him I couldn't help but run a hand through his hair.

His eyes were closed he must've fallen asleep a while ago. He looked calm while he was at rest without a worry. My hand ran through his hair slowly in a gentle motion. Evie was a jealous kitty watching me with her best friend. She didn't hesitate to hop up on the sofa as she walked onto his belly slowly sinking down to sit.

Once she sat down Louis started to wake. He looked up at me carefully studying my face. "You look like a angel when you sleep" I whispered. Louis blushed lightly while he looked at Evie who looked like she was smiling. "Evie agrees" I teased. "She always agrees she's a cat" Louis said. "Yes but she might be human as well" I said.

A moment of silence fell between us his eyes never left mine. "Can you run your fingers through my hair again" Louis asked. Chuckling I nodded at his request. "I think your the cat in this house" I teased. He lightly slapped my chest. "It felt good to feel your fingers gliding through my locks" Louis said.

"Could you play a song" Louis asked. Pulling out my phone to scroll through my music. I stopped right at Lana Del Ray he looks like a Lana fan. The first song that played was 'Doin Time' immediately Louis had a smile on his face.