09

I was woken up by the sunlight streaming through my window. I got up and stretched, and after changed into a new pair of clothes. I checked the time. 7am? That's earlier than I expected. I shrugged and started to unpack all of my things. I was finished about an hour and a half later so I decided to go downstairs and look for the kitchen. That's when I realized that in my NCT file I had a map of their HQ so I wouldn't have to be looking for long. I took the map out of my file and walked outside of my door. I followed the directions on the map and  I soon had been standing right in front of the kitchen. I was about to walk in looking for the fridge until someone spoke saying "I never did get the chance to ask you who you are." I turned and saw Taeyong standing in front of me. "Not much you need to know. But I will tell you my name." I paused after saying that remembering my past. "Kimiko, but I prefer Miko." He nodded "is your past really that bad?" His question somehow triggered me, but I managed not to show it that much and responded saying "it's nothing important." He watched me before saying "I was just interested since you obviously seem to have experience." He saw that I had been holding something so he took it from my hand. He looked confused. "How did you manage to find and print out a map of our HQ? That's some very private information only we have" he stared at me seriously. "It's a long story but basically the same way I knew you guys were going to invade that other mafia's HQ." He looked at me with an intimidating stare however I don't easily find anyone or anything intimidating since my father was one very scary man that did very scary things. He had  even gained  himself the nickname of "devil"  because everything that he did was so vain to the point where people thought satan was  whispering in his ear and controlling him. No one knew him the way I did. No one knew how he could break. No one knew what he was really like. No one understood him. Only I did.
Only I fully understood him. Only I accepted his mistakes. Only I didn't think of him as a monster. Only I forgave him and loved him no matter what he did. Because he was my father, and nothing could change that.

I was brought back to reality when he snapped his fingers in front of my face speaking in an annoyed voice "yah I'm talking to you! How did you find this information?" "I hacked into the system, how else would I have been able to find it?" He continued to ask "how were you able to hack into the system? It's well protected so there's no way you could have hacked it" I gave a small smile and said "I have my ways" before walking into the kitchen.

————————————————————————

                                  Taeyong POV:

She walked into the kitchen and as I saw her open the fridge I told her "there's a meeting at 10. You must be there, it's a requirement." I heard her mumble "I figured" and then she asked me if I wanted coffee and walked over to the coffee machine. I simply said "Why not" and so she proceeded to make coffee. I walked in as well and started to make breakfast for everyone. Once she was done making two coffees she started to help me out. It was silent but it was a comfortable silence. We finished about an hour later and when we walked out placing the food on the table I saw that some of the members were already there seated at the table and assumed the rest were still in their rooms. "Jeno go get the others." "Ok" he got up from the table and brought the others. I saw that Miko was going to sit somewhere across from me so I stopped her by pulling on her wrist and said "you're sitting next to me" looking at her with a cold stare. The only thing she said was "alright then." What? Usually when there are new members at this point they would be scared of me. Why isn't she? It's fine I'll just try to be more intimidating throughout the rest of the week. She'll have to be scared by then. After I finished my thought Jeno had came back with some of the other members. "The rest are getting ready and will be here soon" I thanked Jeno and after that it was silent. She broke the silence asking me "does anyone else besides the people you sent on yesterday's mission know?" She talked to me in such a casual tone. How? Am I really not that intimidating anymore? I just responded with "you'll see." I heard her mutter "that's no fun" and rolled my eyes at her. After a bit the last few members had seated themselves at the table so I announced the meeting time and said "don't be late." After that we all started to eat.

————————————–————————————

                                     Miko POV:

It was a quiet boring meal with only a few people having a conversation. After I was done eating  I excused myself saying that I was going to get more coffee. After I got up I grabbed my mug and I heard a few people sigh. Was I that big of a deal? I don't get it but either way I did want some coffee so I walked over to the coffee machine and made myself coffee. As I waited I heard someone enter but I didn't bother turning around. "So what exactly are you doing here?" I recognized that voice but I still didn't turn around "he didn't tell you?" "Of course he told me." He paused before saying "I'm asking you" my coffee was ready so I poured the liquid into the mug and said "the thing I was destined to do." He just watched me for a little and then finally asked "what thing?" I took a sip from my black coffee and said "become like my father." I pulled the collar of my shirt to reveal my tattoo. Of course he wouldn't know what it meant, but since he is apart of a mafia he would know that it meant commitment. That it meant I had made a promise I couldn't break because if I did it meant death. He took a few steps closer and placed two fingers on it tracing the ink. He backed away and stared at me shocked. "You can't be-" "I am" I cut him off in a small voice. Judging from his look of acknowledgement he had already known about my father's mafia. "Adachi?" He asked me "until death drags me out of this world, yes." I took another sip of my coffee. He was about to walk out however I looked at him and noticed that he had looked like someone took him to hell and brought him back, so I told him "try not to seem that obvious" and with that he left.