13

***********************************************
                                       Flashback

I was with my brother and his friends Koki and Sota at a coffee shop and we were having a good time together until I got a text.

Riku: you need to come back to the HQ now! That's an order from Takashi!

I turned to Yuto and showed him the text cautious Koki and Sota wouldn't see. Yuto seemed a bit upset that we had to go but either way he told his friends that we had to go. Yuto and I headed for the door as we said our goodbyes.

"Let's hang out again sometime" I said as I waved goodbye at them and they smiled and replied with a "sure" waving back.

On the way back I got another text, except this time from father himself.

Dad: don't come back here please

Dad: don't ever come back

I am confused. Why would he be saying something like that?

Me: what happened?

Dad: someone has invaded the HQ and is killing everyone

Me: what?!?! Yuto and I are on our way, we have weapons under the backseat

Dad: NO! DON'T COME BACK

Dad: GO SOMEWHERE ELSE

Dad: SOMEWHERE FAR FROM HERE

Me: but dad

Dad: THAT'S AN ORDER

"Great" I said out loud and sighed heavily. "What's wrong?" Yuto asked and so I explained to him the texts. "So then what should we do-" just as he was saying that I got a notification from my uncle. "It's Shona" I said looking at Yuto.

Uncle Shona: MIKO WE NEED IMMEDIATE BACKUP MORE THAN HALF OF TAKASHI'S MEN ARE DEAD

Uncle Shona: AND BRING YOUR BROTHER AS WELL

I looked at Yuto impatiently and said "we must go back, they're killing everyone and uncle Shona needs backup" I can see the look of worry Yuto has right now but I'm not sure how to help him because I myself am feeling the same.

Time skip: Yuto and Kimiko are outside the HQ with their guns by their sides getting ready to enter

"Ready?" I asked Yuto. He gulped before nodding. After that I carefully twisted the doorknob entering the mansion and once I fully opened the door and entered with Yuto, we both had a shocked expression plastered across our faces. There's dead bodies everywhere and there are pools of blood all over the floor and stairs. "What the hell" I said before snapping back into reality and gestured Yuto to keep walking.

We checked every corner of every floor, nothing. Nothing but blood weapons and dead bodies of course. That's when Yuto asked "do you think we came too late?" And I was about to reply however I was interrupted by someone knocking my brother and I out.

I woke up and was now in a dark different place by myself... or so I thought I was by myself. "Kimiko?" I turned my head in the direction of the voice "mom!" I ran over to my mother that had been tied down to a chair, with a dim light over her head. I hugged her very tightly. "Mom who did this?" I asked her as I tried my hardest to hold back tears. She was quietly sobbing and didn't respond. I looked her in the eye "mom who did this to you?" She only averted her gaze from me. I heard a light switch turn on and when I faced the direction of the light I saw my father also tied down to a chair bleeding from his lip and the side of his forehead. I ran over to him and hugged him so tightly, as if there will be no tomorrow and to be honest, that seemed very likely in the moment. "I told you not to come back." He said sternly "since when do you disobey my orders?" "I'm sorry dad it's just uncle Shona told me that you guys needed backup and to come immediately" I heard him scoff. Then I felt strong arms wrap around me pulling me back. I tried to fight back but the person holding me was getting tired of my fighting so he threatened me and told me to stop moving. Of course I didn't listen and I kept fighting... until he walked in the room. "Bring the boy in will you" he said to one of his men and not even a minute later some guy came in holding Yuto by the neck and pushed him to the floor before taking some steps back. Yuto came more closer to me and examined me to see if they hurt me or not. "I'm fine Yuto" I assured him. We were then interrupted by the man that started all of this.