the little princess of Egypt

"WHAT THE BLOODY fucking hell is that?"

A child's cries echoed through the halls of Philae Temple. Fred and George followed the origin of the annoying sound and when they saw a little girl crying in the middle of the temple their hearts stopped. Muggles were uncomfortably trying to avoid their eyes from her and the twins felt so bad for the little girl. They looked at each other, how could muggles let one of their children alone like that?

They walked up to her and smiled kindly, "Hello, princess," They said together.

Still sniffling, the little girl stopped her crying and looked up to the two boys. Silently, she wondered who they could be. She never saw them before and her parents always said that strangers were danger. But their smile and red hair made her think otherwise, how could two people like them be such a danger?

Refusing to say anything, and disobeying her parents, she stayed silent and sniffled quietly. She didn't think they were dangerous, but she still followed her parents' advice to not talk to strangers.

The two, not receiving any answer, scanned the little girl from head to toe. She was really young—younger than their youngest sibling—not older than four. She wore a cute white dress with little sunflowers on it and two braids that curled on both side of her head with two yellow ribbons at the end of them. Eyes so young and red from the crying but Fred and George could still see the brown iris that sparkled of innocence. They glanced at each other and nodded decisively.

Crossing their legs, they both sat down on the dusty floor in front of her. Doing so, they were now at the same height as her, letting them talk to her without having to bend down. Although, the girl didn't seem to like it as she frowned at them. Because of the little frown, the boys grew worried that they might have done something wrong.

"Floor is dirty!" She said with the highest pitch a little girl could have, but still managing to sound like a reprehending mother.

"Oh, so she speaks, Freddie," one of the boys said.

"It seems so, Greorgie," the other replied, "and here I thought she was deaf!"

"N-no! The floor is dirtyyy!" She repeated as the two didn't pay attention to what she was saying.

Ignoring the girl, the first boy continued talking, "My name is Fred."

"And I'm George," The other continued. "What is your name?"

Confused on how these two people could finish each other's sentences so flawlessly, the little girl looked back and fourth between the two.

"Stranger danger," She said.

Fred started worrying, she was right. Stranger danger was a fair concept. Knowing Fred's mind, George took over and spoke, "Well--we're not strangers anymore, right?" He paused letting her think about it, "you know our names!"

The little girl nodded knowingly and she gave in, "My name is Wendy Moira Angela Stone. Like from Peter Pan!"

Not knowing what Peter Pan was, the two just smiled at the girl. They dismissed it for some muggle thing, which proved their hypotesis; she was not a witch.

"Where are you from, Wendy?" Fred asked.

"I--I come from the hotel," Struggling to let the words out without stuttering, she gave them a big smile, like any child would do after answering a question they knew the answer of.

"Where are your parents?" Tried George.

"They are lost," She frowned and little tears started to fill her eyes again.

The two came closer and dabbed her tears away.

Fred shushed her gently, "It's okay, we're gonna help you find them, alright?"

She nodded holding back her tears. They both stood up and quickly offered her a hand; she looked at them, then at their hands. With a little hesitation, she took them both and they started walking together looking for the girl's parents.

"What are the names of your parents?" George asked.

"Mommy and daddy!" She jumped.

"Alright!" Fred exclaimed chuckling, "Let's go find Mommy and Daddy!"

The three walked around the halls screaming "Mommy!" and "Daddy!" every step of the way until a couple ran towards them and hugged the little girl. The mother wouldn't let go of the little girl as the father stood up and thanked both boys for keeping her safe and help her find them.

"'Twas no problem, sir!" One said.

"She is very good company," The other continued.

The father looked at both of them confused by the twins, but shook his head and thanked them once again.

Before parting, the little girl untied her ribbons leaving her curls down. The twins bent down to her height so there wasn't too much distance between them. She looked a lot nicer now that she was happy to be reunited with her parents, they noticed.

"This is for you two," She handed each one of her ribbons. "Because you're two, like my braids." She jumped.

"But you won't have any!" Fred pointed out.

"We can't take it from you." George insisted.

"But you brought me my parents," She said, "and they will look nicer on you!"

The twins chuckled. A child's words were always honest. The family waved them goodbye and Fred and George were still waving their hands as they happily watched the curls bounce from the little girl's head.