the lost princess in her chambers

"SO MANY PEOPLE are staring," Wendy had to point out.

"Even your best friends," he said eying Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

Wendy didn't have to look to know they were, but she smiled at his statement, "best friends?"

His eyes turn back at her, gentle once again, "aren't you? You're always together."

"I never thought about it," she said, not saying the part where she felt weird intruding the Golden Trio's circle. Her mind often wondered what she would do when they would go around searching for the remaining Horcruxes. She couldn't leave with them and be part of such personal adventure.

"If not them, could it be the twins?" He asked giving a quick glance to his left, where Fred and George were drinking butterbeer hiding their curiosity for Draco and Wendy.

"They're great guys," she answered, "I found myself needing their help for so many things during my time here—without them I wouldn't have passed Potions."

"They're..." He searched for words, "smart?"

The girl couldn't help but laugh, his clear confusion resembled so much Tom Felton's from the first movie, "of course they are! They're just using their brains for things different from normal things."

"Like?"

She lift her head proudly, "like their cool inventions, no one would ever think of even dreaming of."

Draco laughed, she was right. No one could ever even imagine a tongue twister candy, why even try making one? Before Draco could think of something else to say, the music stopped and a new song started to play almost immediately. Wendy was the first to let go, but Draco wasn't going to let go of her hand that easily.

"Where's the diadem?" He asked, still hand in hand with the girl.

The girl forgot all about the Ravenclaw Diadem and quickly tried making an excuse of its absence, "the colours didn't match at the end."

"Pity," he said looking at her dress, "it would have looked nice on your gown."

The girl looked at the boy, an eyebrow raised high, "you like the colour?"

"Never thought of liking anything pink, honestly" he said before looking back at her, cheeks as pink as her dress, "but it looks good on you."

The girl chuckled, "you look quite handsome too."

"Excuse me," Parkinson interrupted the two, "I think Draco owes me a dance."

Malfoy looked back and forth between the two girls, conflicted on leaving Wendy but having no excuse to prolong their conversation. Wendy, seeing the problem, nodded slightly at the girl and kindly excused herself and, despite the rude tone of the Slytherin girl, she gave her a smile, "have fun," and gave Draco a last look, "see you around."

Unlike Wendy, Parkinson was the first to grab the boy's hand. Although, he was still leading the dance, there was something off on how they moved. It wasn't as magical as it was with Wendy, and Draco couldn't shake off the feeling of her in his arms.

Wendy walked towards the exit, The Weird Sisters were finally going to start soon and she took this as a chance to finally do what she needed to do, but Cedric got to her first.

"Wendy, where are you off to?" He asked worriedly.

"I'm just going to get something from my room," she said honestly, "it's... very urgent—but I'll be back!"

"Do you want me to come with you?" He asked, the girl stared at him. "I meant— to accompany you... Nothing else!"

Wendy laughed at his expression, "don't worry, it'll be quick," she said holding his hand one last time, "please tell Hermione to help me out if I'm not back in a few minutes? I'll probably need help with my dress or something."