names in, new names

THE CASTLE SEEMED TO have a little more new students compared to last year, leading to more traffic during the morning. Wendy, fortunately, was woken early by Hermione; unfortunately, Ron and Harry weren't on the same dormitory as Hermione and they both arrived late on the first class of that year.

"You're lucky professor Moody isn't here yet," Hermione half whispered to the two.

"Professor Moody, that's right!" A new voice said solemnly from the door, followed by limping heavy footsteps, "My name is exactly that, and I am your new teacher for Defense Against the Dark Arts. Beautiful subject really, quite... dark."

Wendy observed the man as he wrote 'Unforgivable Curse' on the chock-board. Wendy's grip on her quill tighten, what a horrible, horrible man was the one behind the Polyjuice potion. The lesson continued, expectedly, horribly. Wendy felt extreme empathy for Neville, having to see in person what his parents had to go through. Barty Crouch Jr. had no shame.

There was little to nothing that she could have done. Professor Dumbledore specifically said to not intervene unless things were getting out of hand, and she intended to keep that promise.

After what seemed like ages, the class ended and the four friends headed down the spiral stairs that lead to the Great Hall.

"WENDY! WENDY!" A voice called out from the bottom of the stairs.

Wendy leaned out to see who it was and found Cedric Diggory calling out her name.

"YOU HAVE TO COME WITH ME, FAST!"

Wendy knew that Cedric wouldn't just act out like that if it weren't serious, so she decided to excuse herself from her friends and ran down the stairs as fast as she could. She tried hopping some steps but she was far too undress for that. She quickly followed Cedric, and behind her her three closest friends, who decided to not leave her side.

They headed towards the Hospital Wing, the last place Wendy thought of going, "what is going on?!"

"You have to see it."

Once in there, Wendy looked around and found one of the beds to be occupied. Rather uncommon being just the first day of school. Such record was only beaten by herself. Wendy glanced at Cedric, who just nodded towards the bed, and so she walked her way to it.

"He was found unconscious..." Cedric started, "he has been asleep since yesterday, and the only thing we got from him was—" he looked at her in the eyes, "your name."

Wendy was a bit afraid to find out who he was, but she was dying to know. She moved closer to the bed, with her friends at the corner of her eye, making sure she wasn't alone. A pale face and messy hair was the first thing she saw, and then a stomach ache struck her as a familiar face laid down before her.

"Do you know him?" Harry asked.

She gapped for words but she could only let out air from her mouth. Air that soon started to come sobbingly. She searched for support and Ron was fast beside her holding her arm as Cedric got her a chair to sit on. Wendy wanted to thank the two but her focus was solely on the boy before her. She grabbed his hand with both of hers and brought it closer to her.

"Oh, Michael."

The last time she saw her brother was during her last celebrated birthday where her family and friends planned a surprise party for her. He introduced his girlfriend to her and told her he was planning on asking her to marry him, she never felt so happy for him.

"Who is he?" Hermione asked.

"My b-brother," She managed to say after swallowing down the lumps in her throat.