home is home when family is around

A BEAUTIFUL HOME was the Burrow. The description in the books and the representation in the movies made it seem so familiar and homey. She always wanted to visit it and now she was right in front of it. She just never excepted to visit it after such tragedy. The night still enveloped the sky and the fresh air skimmed through the children's fairly light clothes. They were all headed inside, especially Ron so eager for something to eat. Wendy hesitated as she was never really invited into the house, but had nowhere else to go as she lost sight of the Malfoy's.

"Wendy, come in!" Ginny said from the entrance, "you'll catch a cold in there."

Wendy smiled and followed to come in. The inside was wonderful, everything resembled the movies. The beautiful warm colours that symbolized the Weasley family were all around her, very much in contrast with her blue dress and heels.

"Wha—?" A new voice said from the kitchen, "why are you all here?"

It was Mrs. Weasley, the wonderful woman that gave to the world the seven most precious children.

"I'll explain it to you later, dear, but I think the children need something to eat after what has happened."

Ron was quick to react at the mention of food, which Molly, happily obliged. Soon after sandwiches were made and placed on the dining table, Ron grabbed two and the rest one each. Wendy couldn't bring herself to eat and just sat at one of the soft sofas.

"Sweetie, are you not eating?" Molly asked.

Wendy looked up at the woman, and her eyes began to feel heavy and watery. She didn't want to cry to someone she just officially met, so she swallowed the knot in her throat and smiled at her, "I'm alright, thanks."

Molly, having so many children, she knew when a child was lying and especially when one was feeling pain. She sat beside the girl and brushed her messy hair back ignoring and so respecting the reason to which why she lied, "you have such beautiful hair."

She previously had her two braids on her but one of the ribbons fell as she was running around. Molly softly managed her hair and made a very simple braid which she tied with a rubber she found in one of her pockets. Wendy loved it when people did her hair. It was a feeling so refreshing and so relaxing. She reminded her of the soft touch of her own mother.

She had a theory where she could tell how much people cared through how they managed her hair, and dance. Molly, with her soft touches and fingers light as the white teeth of a brush, cared.

"Thank you," she said as she turned around back at Mrs. Weasley.

"You must be Wendy, am I right?"

"Yes, I am."

"I knew it," Molly's gaze fell on the kitchen for just a second, but Wendy saw, "you're quite popular in this house, you're very close friends with Ron, Harry, and Hermione, aren't you?"

"I guess so..." She said.

"You guess? Oh my, I'm sure they'll be sad to hear that you don't feel the same," Wendy looked up at her, the feeling of guilt clear in her eyes, "I'm sure whatever happened won't affect a strong friendship like yours."

She felt the knot coming right back up in her throat and soon after, tears started falling without her consent. She left them fall, pretended like they weren't there and smiled, "I just-I don't know— it's hard... it's been so hard."

Molly felt the heavy pressure that the girl has been holding on her shoulder. No kid should feel that way, not one. She would have died in anguish if any of her children were left feeling alone. She hugged the girl and Wendy let out the sobs she has been holding this whole time.