the book has yet to be opened

MONTHS PASSED BY SINCE THE YULE BALL and spring arrived to Scotland. Michael's birthday was nearing and Wendy was searching for an idea for a gift. She assumed being in a world filled with magic and wonder, it would have been easier to find something for him. Her brother never asked her of anything and this made things so hard for her when his birthday and Christmas would come. 

"I'll love whatever you'll give me," he always says.

She even asked Cedric for help, but just like a broken record, all he could tell her was, "he's going to love anything you'll give him."

Which is true, but she did love giving gifts, and she reigned in the thought of being the best at it. Except, when it came to Michael.

She laid down on the green grass outside the castle and watched the clouds fly by, hoping they'd take form of anything that would help her.

"You don't want to spend time with Diggory during your free time?" Draco asked sitting down beside her.

Wendy was glad he was finding himself more comfortable around her, as she didn't have to invite him to sit beside her for him to do it anymore. Baby steps but still steps.

"I'm not that dependent on him," she said, "and I like my time alone."

"Should I leave you then?"

She eyed the boy, he didn't even move an inch from his position, no sign that he was getting ready for a positive answer. She chuckled, "we can be alone together."

The boy tried to hide his smirk by laying down beside her, hoping she didn't see, "what were you doing anyways?"

She thought before answering, "thinking of ideas."

"For?"

"Birthday gift."

The boy chuckled, "for?"

"Michael," she said still looking at the soft spring clouds, "my brother?"

Draco didn't say anything back and Wendy just felt the peace in their silence. One of the beautiful things with him was that they didn't need to make small talk. Just enjoying each other's company without the need of saying much. So there they stayed, heads beside each other and looking at the sky.

"Why not bring something from your childhood?" He suggested.

Wendy thought about it for a second and the best idea came to her. Because their names were based on the Peter Pan characters they would often told stories and did adventures themselves. To bring that back in a world of fantasy itself was going to be so much fun!

"That's a great idea, Draco!" She said sitting up from enthusiasm, "he's gonna love it!"

Draco pushed himself up and rested on his elbows, too lazy to get up fully, "don't tell him it's from me— he'll automatically hate it."

Wendy laughed and shook her head at him, "actually, he's quite fond of you."

Draco's left eyebrow shot up, incredulous of her statement. A Gryffindor fond of him was such a ridiculous idea, although, he had to admit that he was glad this one Gryffindor girl was the exception to the rule.

"I'll be fixing it later then," she said.

"Later?"

"Yes," she said laying back down on her spot, "for now, we can stay here and do nothing until later comes."

Draco studied the girl. She often was confusing and part of the reason why he was intrigued by her was her weird attitude and views of life. But he wasn't going to debate against it and laid back down too, both enjoying each other's company.