just a little favour

EVERYONE WAS ABLE
to visit Mr. Weasley the day after the attack. He was strong enough to make a few jokes here and there. Everyone was there, and for some reason, Wendy hoped to see Percy too, by the side of his father's bed. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case.

She was now waiting in the lobby, giving some time and space for the Weasley kids to be with their father. She wasn't quite sure where Michael was and she knew that Harry was getting some snacks for everyone.

She was playing with her orange ribbon when she remembered that she never got to finish reading Sirius' letter. She searched through her pockets to find the piece of parchment.

Umbridge isn't the right woman to test.

She almost forgot how just the day before that she had her last hour of detention with the Pussycat. Her marks were still vivid and red on her hand, but she barely could feel it anymore.

There isn't much I can tell you to keep out of trouble. I don't want to sound like my own father, but do keep caution. 

If there is anything you need, Wendy darling, I am here for you and your brother. 

Sugar is doing well, she's always following me around and learned well to keep the secrets I've been telling her. I hope you don't mind the name I gave her, years in You-Know-Where and you'd think my creativity would get better.

Wendy let out a laugh. She was glad that the man could joke around about it, even if she knew that that fact must take a big toll on him.

Stay kind and safe, Wendy.

Padfoot. 

They all came back to Grimmauld Place, Harry was planned to come back to Hogwarts soon along with Wendy and Michael, while the Weasley's were given another day to be with their mother.

Wendy was sitting on a couch, waiting for the morning to come. She didn't have the energy to do anything, not even to go to sleep. She didn't know how to help her friends, whose father was at the hospital; worse than that, she didn't know what she was supposed to do, now that things weren't going as the books say.

Fortuntely, by Christmas Mr. Weasley was promised to be up and running and that's exactly how they spent their Christmas. 

Wendy was glad to see Mr. Weasley toasting the new year standing up, as they all celebrated it in the dark rooms of Grimmauld place. Not much of a place to party in, but better to be there with everyone than in danger. And Harry was most excited to spend his first Christmas with his godfather.

"This is for you," Mrs. Weasley gave Wendy and Michael a package, "I really hope you both like it."

Wendy wasn't expecting any gifts to begin with, but to recieve a famous Molly Weasley knitwear? The amount of official merch in her world couldn't compare to this.

With excitement, she didn't even bother to carefully open up the wrapping paper, gainging a laugh from Michael. And just like she always wished, a wonderful warm jumper with the 'W' on the front. 

"Thank you lots, Mrs. Weasley!" She said hugging the woman, "This is the best gift I could ever hope for!"

"Oh!" The woman exclaimed, "If I knew you liked knitwear so much I would have made you a scarf too."

Wendy couldn't explain how it wasn't the fact that it was knitted, but the idea of someone taking out time from their day to make something just for her warmed her heart. Christmas was all about the little things such as that, and there wasn't a better place to spend it than with a welcoming family such as that.

"Mum tried to make that once," Michael smiled at the fond memory, "tried is a kind word for it."

Wendy could remember that Christmas. It was when she and her brother started reading the Harry Potter series and insisted in getting a jumper just like in the books. Their mother obliged, but all she could come up with was a square that Wendy still treasured when she grew up. The year after that, she took it upon herself to make her own jumper. And one for her brother. Then her parents. Until she started experimenting with snitching up cloths and making full on outfits from scratch. She never thought of it much, but that was probably how her whole clothing line started. 

She wondered how WS, her brand, was going without her. It has been four years. Has time passed for them back home? Or was she going back the same day she left? 

Was she even going back home at all?

"Merry Christmas, Stone," Sirius snapped her out of her thoughts with a little package he handed out to Michael.

Wendy immediately felt bad. She knew Sirius was still tight on money at the moment, sneaking in Gringotts without any wizzard noticing was harder than one would think. But she couldn't deny she was excited to see what he gave them, "No, Sirius, you didn't have to--"

"Just open it," he said excited eyeing Harry, who seemed to be sitting on the edge of the chair too, "It's for both you and Michael, I hope you don't mind... sharing."

Harry let out a chuckle and everyone at the table seemed to have paused what they were doing to watch Michael open the package. It was small and it almost seemed to be just paper folded together. In fact, inside there was nothing and both her and her brother looked at Sirius confused.

"Look at the wrapping," Sirius laughed. "We ran out of parchment in this house."

Michael read the words on the wrapping and chuckled, "well, that's one way of interpreting my favour."

Wendy looked at the two confused, still not understanding what they were referring to. She quite literally ripped the wrapping from her brother's hands and took a look at the messy handwriting that was on the white paper.

Dear Wendy and Michael,

I took at heart all of our conversations and it is true that, at the moment, we can't do anything yet, so I hope you will be patient enough to the day the actual gift will come.

But here's my wish and present.

Would you like me to be your official guardian?

Sirius.

note: 
belated merry christmas and happy new year!! Hopefully 2021 will be a great year for everyone
sorry i didnt update during the holidays, but i wanted to spend time with my family as much as i could. So here's a quick chapter on the characters' holidays