if love is what you need, a soldier i will be

EVERYONE AWAITED PATIENTLY. Barty Junior was caught and Moody was finally free and drinking a normal cup of tea as he sat together with everyone else. Fleur was back and Krum seemed to have come back on his own. Wendy held tight to Michael's hand, trying not to recall the how the story went to end.

"I'm sorry," Michael said almost on the verge of crying, "I--I tried to look... for t--the cup but I couldn't find it."

"There is nothing to be sorry for," Wendy held her older brother into a hug patting his back, "you did your best."

Every time she closed her eyes the image of Cedric being hit by the killing curse played before her eyes. The Boggart from her previous year replayed before her eyes. Voldemort's return was inevitable and, at that point, she just wished she could have at least stopped Cedric's death. She was unable to do anything physically so she hoped the boys listened for her words.

Sometimes the hardest thing to do is to do nothing.

Her own words repeated in her ear, like an annoying echo playing in the air.

"Hey," a hand held her shoulder.

She looked up as Draco was sitting down beside her.

"Hey," she greeted the boy.

"Don't worry," Draco put his hand on the top of her head and ruffled her hair with a smirk, "they're though ones, they'll make it."

Wendy's frown disappeared and a little chuckle filled Draco's ears with a welcomed tingle in his chest. Wendy took a deep breath in, if even Draco was sure about the two's capacities of staying alive, there was no doubt. For him those words were not just simple words of encouragement, but pure words of praise. She was about to thank him when a girl's voice interrupted her from it.

"They're back!"

Little to say, she ran towards them and the worst of her fears appeared with the cup.

Both Harry and Cedric on the ground. Cedric layed down on the grass holding the cup in his hand, with Harry beside him holding his wrist. Him too, unconscious and eyes closed. Wendy felt her breath leave her chest and fear filling in instead. Like a sack of big rocks being pushed down her throat. Everything that could have went wrong passed by her head.

"Make space," Dumbledore told everyone.

The students gave space and studied the lifeless-like bodies.

Wendy on the floor leaning over the two bodies. She wasn't sure how fast things were going. She didn't feel the people tapping her shoulder and even less she could hear the people calling out for medics.

"That's my boy!" A cry called from among the crowd.

"No!" Hermione screamed and tears beginning to fall down her eyes.

Both of them? Was all going through Wendy's mind.

Draco looked over at the girl, an uneasy feeling filling up in his stomach. He has never seen anyone so distraught and still at the same time. Unable to push it down, he stepped forward and kneeled down to the two. He didn't care of everyone watching, he just cared to stop Wendy's expression.

He knew that he couldn't have possibly do anything with his limited experience, but the gift Wendy gave him wasn't going for granted.