the only ghost of christmas

IT WAS CHRISTMAS MORNING and the dark hallways of the castle were adorned with Christmas trees. During Christmas season, the corridors were empty, but that year, they were filled with students, and a bunch of them decided to open gifts in the Hospital wing. Harry, Ron, Hermione, Fred and George, Ginny, Neville, Michael, and Cedric were all gathered around the bed of the unconscious girl. Madame Pomfrey allowed the big wave of visitors under the direction that they wouldn't be too loud.

Michael was just by Wendy's side fixing her messy hair to stay away from her face. All the others were there, because they didn't want their friends to be spending Christmas in the hospital wing by themselves, and that's when Neville had the bright idea to open gifts there with Wendy.

Dobby paid a quick visit too, and brought Miss Wendy her favourite drink. Dumbledore and all professors refused to tell them anything about what happened to her, and what the diadem was, and along with that, professor Snape confiscated the bag Fred was holding for Wendy and Hermione couldn't even do her thing and research about what happened to her, as she never saw the diadem in the first place.

It was belittling it to say that Michael was worried. He wasn't aware of the consequences of wearing the Diadem when it was a Horcrux, but if it was anything like the ring, she couldn't stand a chance. Fred and George tried to ask him about it but just like the sister, he seemed unconscious of the real world.

The group of friends exchanged gifts and tried to be as happy as they could, but when it came to giving their gift to Wendy, they all felt quite hollow.

When visiting hours was done, Madame Pomfrey allowed them to stay longer, knowing it was sad to leave their friend during Christmas time. Even the owls, with gifts and posts from families delivered to the Hospital wing.

Noir delivered some letters for both Wendy and Michael. Michael read her letter aloud for her, convinced that she could hear him. Sirius couldn't send as much letters as he wished to, but Christmas was a special time, and he wanted the two to feel like they had a family to write to.

He contemplated whether or not telling Sirius about this, but he knew that if it were him, he would have wanted to know. Michael answered the letters they received and sent the owl to deliver the neatly handwritten letter the same day, for both him and his sister.

Fred and George did their best to cheer up everyone with their funny gifts and small pranks. They managed to steal some common laughs, but Michael was an unbreakable case.

"She'll manage," Harry reassured him.

Michael looked up at Harry, the Horcrux boy. How could he live with a piece of Voldemort's soul inside him, while Wendy was barely making it alive just by wearing one. But he then thought of Umbridge and the necklace, she wore it for so long and no effect came to her horrid personality.

"Yeah, I know she can," he said honestly.

Michael stayed for that night, while everyone retired to their own beds. Hermione, Ron, and Harry would visit her all the time, making sure that at least one of them was with her at all times. Michael refused to leave, but, with the reassurance of Hermione, he too was able to rest in his bed.

Draco visited when he knew Hermione was the only one there. As much as she hated Draco she knew that Wendy was his friend, and wouldn't stop him from paying her a visit. Although, she would temporarily leave them, not being able to sit around him for so long.