this might be the star of something new

DAYS PASSED FROM CHRISTMAS and the halls were still quiet. New Years was on the doors and students were excited to start the new incoming year. The weather outside seemed to go colder and colder as days passed on and everyone preferred staying inside in the warmth of their blankets, while Michael stayed by the side of his sister.

"You can't stay there forever," Fred said.

"Won't have to," Michael said, "she's gonna wake up soon."

Fred and George gave each other a look. Everyone wanted her to wake up, but Wendy didn't budge anytime soon.

"We should do something for New Years," George proposed, "nearly everyone is here and Durmstrang and Beauxbatons are here too— it will be fun!"

"You're right, George!" Fred clapped, "we should throw a party!"

"We did that already, though."

"Then what?" They both looked at Michael through the corner of their eyes.

The boy's eyes were fixed on Wendy, but he couldn't lie and say that he wasn't listening to the boys, and he knew they were expecting him to say something, "Muggles celebrate by counting down until midnight and fireworks."

"The count down sounds boring and tiring," Fred complained, "but the fireworks seems fun!"

"It's not exactly counting down all the way... We do—"

"Let's do the fireworks then!" George interrupted Michael.

"But the fireworks are supposed to go off at the en—" he tried again.

"But we will make fun fireworks!" Fred proposed.

"How are fireworks not fun alre—"

"Not enough!" George he replied.

"Ours fireworks will be more boom!" Fred added with effect, "and more kappam!"

"Let's go!" The two said running away.

Michael didn't want to leave Wendy alone, but the thought of the twins doing fireworks was scary enough for him to consider keeping an eye on them. Hesitantly, he said goodbye to the sister, promising her that he will be back soon, and ran after the two.

"Wait for me!" He screamed at them.

It was finally dark and in the hospital wing and Madame Pomfrey was fixing up the beds. She decided to check up on Wendy, making sure she was okay, but the moment she turned around to look at her, the girl was sitting up on her bed with her eyes opened.

"Wendy!" She ran to the girl checking her up, "you scared me, how are you feeling?"

"Ma-madam..." She said in a small raspy voice.

"Dear, you need some water—" she said handling her a glass, "here you go."

The girl sipped in a bit, making her throat adjust to the new sensation. After that, she chugged the whole glass down, not leaving a bit behind.

"Are you okay?" She asked, "Professor Dumbledore asked me to inform him the moment you woke up."

"Yes, I am," she said.

"Will you be okay here? I'll have to call the headmaster."

"I'll come with you," she said putting down her feet, she knew the floor was cold, but for some reason, it didn't send her shivers as she thought it would. The cold became quite familiar for her in the past few days in her sleep.