due dates and family secrets

LIKE EVERY YEAR DURING THE HOLIDAYS, Hogwarts was at its best form. But unlike other years, the students normally left, but because of the Yule Ball, not only most of them stayed, but all the other schools were staying too. Hogwarts, Beauxbatons and Durmstrang students were roaming around the Hogsmeade to search for dresses and suits, but not Michael and Wendy. Because Wendy missed her work as a designer and her line, she decided to make their own costumes.

She still needed to buy her materials so she went to Hogsmeade alone. It didn't bother her much, as she preferred working in silence. She walked in Gladrags Wizardwear, where she assumed she could get her cloth. Once inside she saw Fleur Delacouer with her sister fitting her a simple and cute gown.

"Hi," she greeted Wendy looking through the mirror.

"Hello," Wendy said shyly.

The two never talked before, but they knew each other thanks to Cedric, the two competitors became good friends because of the tournament. Wendy went closer to see her dress better, a silvery satin dress fell down from the details on her one strap shoulder, and Wendy couldn't help herself but grab a long piece of cloth laying around and tie it around her waist giving the dress more shape and didn't look like a curtain with flowers.

"Increíble," Fleur said with a heavy accent, "you just added one thing!"

"Oh, I didn't mean to intrude..." Wendy apologized, "I just thought—"

"Non, de rien—I like it!" She answered her. The little sister nodded to show her agreement, probably still shy to talk outloud. "Are you ere to get your dress too?"

Wendy looked around, staff assisting other students and dresses and robes all out in the open, "not exactly, I'm just getting some cloth."

"You are going to make your own dress?" She asked surprised.

"And my brother's robes."

"Wow, I see what Cedric mean then," Fleur said in a small whisper.

Those words grabbed Wendy's attention, "he talks about me?"

Fleur laughed at the girl's expression, a face of disbelief was planted right on her, "of course he do, he wondered if you come to see ze first task."

Wendy could feel her cheeks flush. How did a beautiful soul such as Cedric came to like a girl like her? She wondered, and to hear it from a equally beautiful girl such as Fleur.

"Sorry," she chuckled, "it's just so weird hearing such stuff still, even more from a pretty girl like you."

Fleur looked at her, she was confused and had to ask, "like me?"

"You are quite a gorgeous girl," Wendy admired her in her dress, "there's no denying it."

"I think we are all beautiful in our own way," She twirled in her dress with her sister's approval, "You just need a good eye for others."

Fleur didn't seem to be the kind of person to be so deep. She wasn't really talked much about in the books, even less in the movies, and when she was spoken about she seemed quite snobbish, reason why a lot of people didn't like her. Although, right then, she didn't even seem to mind Wendy taking over her dress design when they weren't so close either. 

Wendy took her words and started thinking about it --People really aren't what they seem to be.

"Uenti," Fleur called her from her own world, "I think that's your brother."

Wendy looked at the entrance, where Michael was standing looking very lost. When his gaze met hers, his face lit up and quickly walked towards the three girls.