double debunking bed

NEEDLESS TO SAY THAT
both Fred and George were bothered by Professor Dumbledore's
words, in very different ways. The man was a very wise old headmaster that seemed to know more than anyone else around him. Normally, the twins wouldn't even bother trying to understand his riddles, but this was the first time he directed his tricky words to them.

"What do you think he meant?" Fred asked while he scribbled down on a parchment paper.

"I don't know," George said looking out the window of their dormitory.It was middle of the day of a beautiful Sunday and they were just hanging in their beds with nothing to do. Even Peeves was worried for them, it has been the whole weekend the two didn't leave the Gryffindor Dormitory and everyone was starting to get seriously worried.

"Oi!" Ron entered the room, "what are you guys still doing here?"

The two didn't answer.

"The whole castle has become too quiet—everyone is asking me what happened to you two," he said nonchalantly sitting down on George's bed, "never thought I would say this, but all this attention is starting to annoy me."

Still no response from the two. Ron studied his brothers, both just laying there on their bed, one with book in hand pretending to read and the other focused on the iconic red curtains of their room.

"Are you avoiding someone?" Ron asked and Fred finally closed his book to stand up and sit by the window.

"Is it Lee?" He tried again, this time no response.

The only two people who could understand them were each other, but living with them for his whole life, Ron managed to pick up a thing or two. He was the youngest boy and often got unnoticed by his own family, but he always paid attention to them. Not that they seemed to care nor notice.

"Is it Angelina?" Ron insisted, but he knew that, because of Quidditch being suspended, the girl hasn't spent that much time with the twins. It couldn't possibly be her. So he tried another girl who they've been talking more often than not, "Is it Wendy?"

A slight twitch in George's eyebrows suggested that Ron got it right. But the reason why was still so unclear for him. He knew that if he pushed it too much the two would have burst, so with a sigh, he decided to go back to Common Room with the others instead.

"So what happened?" Wendy asked as soon as he saw Ron coming down the staircase.

Ron gave her a shake of his head, "what happened between you and them?"

Wendy's eyebrow furrowed and she pointed at herself incredulously, "me?!"

"They haven't said anything—but at the mention of your name..." He said taking a seat between Harry and Wendy.

"Well, are they coming down?" Hermione asked.

"I don't think so," Ron answered her, "at least, not anytime soon."

Harry, usually the clueless one, stayed silent and took a long look at Wendy. She stared at the carpet with a worrisome expression, her eyebrows tied together and her jaw clenching like she was grinding her teeth. She always worried about all her friends, and it showed each time he was in danger. Wendy was the one who always took control and asserted herself between him and the immediate danger around. He wasn't sure if it was done unconsciously, but he always felt safe around her. He wonders how he did it without her for the first three years of Hogwarts.

But other things entered Harry's mind. Wendy couldn't possibly have done anything to the twins to make them avoid her, and the two weren't normally so worked up about anything other than their experiments. So what was it that happened between them?