the cat at the station

IT WAS EARLY SEPTEMBER and Wendy was feeling a bit chilly. Her older brother side by side with her as they followed their parents through the crowds of King's Cross. They normally passed by the station in the mornings, but it was a special occasion that day as their mother wanted to have breakfast at a new coffee shop that just opened. To their luck, the only day they decided to stop by, was also the busiest day of the year. Not that it was understandable, since no train was ever packed. A cat passed by Wendy and she followed it with her eyes, curious as to why there would be a cat in such place.

"Don't you, children, worry about what happened, you study well and let the Ministry handle it." A woman with red hair said loudly, as a line of children with trolleys followed behind her.

Wendy wouldn't have paid much attention, but the cat she saw was so intriguing and was headed towards that same line of children. Before she knew it she found herself walking after the red heads, unconscious of what was happening around her.

Michael, her older brother, looked beside him, making sure her sister was still there with him. But as soon as he saw he was alone, his heart skipped a beat. He looked around and saw a flash of her light blue jacket pass between the tall black coated people. He hurriedly called for his parents and ran after the little girl.

He wasn't sure if he should have waited for his parents, but his priority was to find his sister. It was quite a habit for her to wonder off.

"Wendy!" He called while running and pushing people aside. Being only seven, people didn't mind him so much as they thought he was just playing around like any other child would. Until he bumped into someone.

"Are you alright?" A kind voice asked.

He looked up and saw a woman with red hair and a knitted pullover.

"Uhm—I—I am—" He started.

"Are you lost?" The woman continued.

Should he answer? He didn't know the woman, but a strong feeling inside him told him that she was a trustworthy person. He was still deep into his thoughts when he remembered the reason why he was there in the first place.

"Sorry, I'm looking for someone. Please, excuse me." He lowered his head for courtesy.

The woman only nodded in confusion. With that, Michael proceeded his search.

"Wendy!" He called for her again.

Upon hearing that name, Fred and George looked at each other and nodded knowingly, "Are you looking for Wendy?"

Michael jumped in surprise. Two teenagers, that were previously with the woman earlier, were now there, "Do you know her?"

"Wouldn't say we know her..." They said in unison.

Michael frowned. He didn't have time for nonsense and he walked off only to be followed by the two.

"But we might know who you're searching for!" One of them said.

Michael looked back, he was skeptical. But having lost his way, his sister, and parents he wasn't sure what to do. He gave them a nod, which the twins took as an acceptance for their help and together, they started looking for Wendy.

"Wendy!" said Michael.

"Moira!" Added Fred, gaining a look from the boy.

"Angela!" Finished George, only to find a sigh of frustration from the little man.

"STONE!" They all said at once gaining a look of disapproval from all the people around them.

"Why are you screaming?" A little voice asked from behind them.

They all turned around to see just the girl they were searching for. Wendy was not wearing a white dress with sunflowers anymore, but a little light blue coat over what seemed to be a blue dress. What stayed the same from the last time Fred and George saw her, were the two little braids that were tied by two little blue ribbons and her smile that brighten your day.

Michael hugged her tightly and scolded her, "I told you to not wonder off again!"

"I was following the cat," she debated.

"What cat?" the twins asked. Wendy looked at the two and a weird feeling came to her, "'ello." They said.

She looked at them confused, was she supposed to say hello back?

"Do you remember us?" One of the twins said.

"I don't think she does, Fred." The other said.

Wendy kept looking at them in confusion. Were they family members? She doesn't remember having family with red hair.

"I guess we just have to wait then, right George?" The first one said.

"You're right, let's just wait." The other said as they both sat down on the floor in front of her.

The girl was shocked at the two. She might have been young but she was old enough to grasp the concept of not sitting down on the floor in such a public space--it was dirty! She gasped at them, like she has seen a monstrosity, but that's when she remembered her time in Egypt.

"You're the twins!" She jumped.

"What? We don't even look alike!" Fred said.

"He's right! I'm better looking." George stated.

The two children chuckled at their nonsense. But Michael remembered that they still were lost, and couldn't find their parents. He grabbed Wendy's hand and looked at the two in all seriousness, "Would you help us find our parents?"

The two grinned. Once again, it was their time to shine. They jumped up and offered the two a hand, Wendy took George's hand without hesitation, knowing well that they will be able to help them. Michael looked into Fred's smiling eyes—he was skeptical—he wasn't sure he could trust them, but better these two than other creepy looking people. He took the hand and the four proceeded to call for "Mommy" and "Daddy" once again.

After a little walk around and lots of screaming, they found the couple talking to Molly as the woman was trying to help out.

"Don't worry, dear, we will find them!" Molly said.

"This is not the first time!" Wendy and Michael's mother expressed, she was worried and anxious and it was quite clear to everyone.

Their father stood beside her as he pressed his hand on the woman's back, supporting her, as he was still looking around with his eyes, trying to find their children.

"Mum!" Fred and George screamed from not too afar.

Everyone looked at them and when the couple saw their two children hand in hand, they ran towards them and hugged them tightly.

"Oh thank God!" The woman said to herself as she was making sure they had no harm done, "are the two of you okay?"

The father, who was previously on the ground hugging his children, stood up and looked at the twins. The two weren't sure what was going to happen, they didn't know muggle's costumes but they stood there patiently. The man nodded his head and smiled at them, "Thank you, boys—again."

The two grinned, "it was no problem, sir. They were good company."

Wendy stepped towards the twins and motioned them to lower down with her little hand. Fred and George looked at each other before following the command and they, expectedly, sat down on the floor making the girl chuckle.

She smiled at them and patted on their head, "see you again!"

The two watched her as she ran back to her parents to hold hands with his brother, making sure to not get distracted again. What a peculiar child.