from another perspective

WITH DRACO ON
their side, Harry and the others found it easier to plan meetings. Upon discussion, they thought it was best for Draco to still be part of the Inquisition Squad to not bring any suspitions on him, and to directly find out more about Umbridge's plans.

"Pussycat thinks there will be a meeting later in the afternoon," Draco informed Wendy of his latest intel, "so it's best if we move our meeting on another day."

With time they all grew to like their new nickname for Umbridge. A few were still uncomfortable calling her with such a weird word, but others enjoyed it. Luna in particular was quite delighted to say the word 'pussycat' whenever she could.

"Great," Wendy smiled picking a book from the library, "tell Harry that."

Draco leaned on the shelves, confident that the old wood would hold his whole weight if needed.

"What do you mean 'tell Harry that'?" He copied her voice.

Wendy laughed, her eyes still fixed on the book that she was examining, "I've got lots to do, Draco, I can't keep being your messenger whenever you need to tell Harry something."

"He doesn't like me."

"I am aware," she picked another book, Divination, from what Draco could see. "And now you have a chance to change his mind."

"I don't care if he hates me or not—"

"Great," Wendy turned to look at him, "you won't mind talking to him then, if you don't care."

With that she left the boy on his own to bring the books to the spot she took as her own. She was grateful for Draco's efforts and sacrifices, but for weeks she been delivering messages from one boy to the other. She could understand Hermione's annoyance when Harry and Ron fought.

Draco, powerless, looked around, a big amount of students focused on their own thing. He decided to leave the library and head out. Was he really gonna look for Harry Potter? He still wasn't sure, but he couldn't keep expecting Wendy to talk for him whenever he had something to say.

He was Draco Malfoy, he didn't need a girl to do his job.

And just his luck, or not, Harry appeared just from around the corner, and he knew that that was his chance.

"Potter," he called.

Harry turned around with Ron by his side. For some reason, Draco wished Granger were there, it might have been a bit easier with the reasonable one of the group to listen to him.

Harry stood there in silence as Draco caught up to the two. Fortunately, no one was around to see the scene. He wouldn't want anyone to see Draco Malfoy talking to Harry Potter and his ginger friend.

"Pussycat knows about today," he said bitterly, "better move the meeting."

"Oh," Harry looked for Ron on the corner of his eyes, "Uhm, thanks?"

Draco gave the boy a nod and left, not wanting to prolong the torture.

"Did Malfoy just talk to me without insulting us?" Harry whispered at Ron.

Ron, still processing what was happening, could only shake his head in disbelief, "these are definitely weird times."

"Fred! George!" Ron ran into the Great Hall calling for his brothers, "What the bloody hell happened?!"

Wendy, Michael, and Ginny were studying, while Fred and George were there for the company as they as across the three. Harry just behind Ron, with Hermione, when they reached the group that sat together.