older than most

UNLIKE THE OUTSIDE of the white big building of Gringotts, the inside was dim and scary. Wendy was not sure if their mode of transportation was the safest, and at that moment she preferred to apparate and its deeply weird feeling over the carts with no seatbelt. With a long hesitation, she got in with Dumbledore and the creature, Wendy understood to be a goblin; behind them there was another cart with two other goblins, which names Wendy didn't really catch.

"These goblins really care about security, don't they?" She whispered to Dumbledore receiving a look from one of them. Apparently, their long ears were useful.

"One must protect what they value most." He simply said.

After a long bumpy ride, that did shame to all the scary roller coasters Wendy has been to, they finally reached a platform. It was dark and the only light came from the two lanterns that they brought from the carts.

Dumbledore cleared his voice, "Wendy, before we proceed—" he quietly said, "remember that you are totally safe until I'm here with you, okay? I won't let any harm come to you."

His words brought shivers down Wendy's spine as she was unaware of what was to come. So his reassurance just worsened her feelings.

She looked around, following closely behind Professor Dumbledore. A man who, just a few hours before that, she believed to be fictional. She didn't know if she could trust him, as this all could still be just a joke or part of her imagination; yet, she was not there to risk anything and act reckless.

The three goblins in suits started to wave around their Clankers, surprising the gitters out of Wendy. But that was soon to be forgotten when the outline from the two lanterns drew the form of a vicious white dragon. Wendy felt all her breath leave out of her mouth followed by a screeching scream.

Dumbledore was soon beside her, "Wendy," he called her gently putting his hands on each little shoulders, "it's okay, he won't hurt you. You just have to move."

Wendy couldn't move her gaze from the creature, much less move any other part of her body. But as soon as the dragon was retreating she noticed the scars the creature had on its body. Such terrifying and majestic creature reduced to a small corner, trying to protect itself like a small puppy. Wendy immediately felt bad, but there was nothing she could have done for it. She followed the professor, still with her eyes fixed on the giant, until it was out of sight and the sound of metal against metal was gone.

They were in a narrow corridor that gave to a big and weird looking door. They approached it and two of the goblins placed their hands on the door, starting a reaction, that Wendy could only explain by biometrics.

"I thought wizards were a bit antique, but you guys have biometrics for your banks." She tried to wave off the feeling of fear with some jokes.

The door finally opened revealing a big shining room full of antiques and golds. Wendy was quite mesmerized, but she soon remembered Aladin's story. She should take only was she's here for. She looked at Dumbledore who, in turn, was frowning.

"I don't have enough money to exchange for any of these, I think." She said worryingly.

She had a credit card in her bag, and with that, she may have gotten enough money; but perhaps this bank wouldn't take a modern, yet to exist, credit card.

He slowly looked back at her, not sure of how to break it down to her. Maybe he was taking a bit too long, since one of the goblins, the Head Goblin, talked first.