some little prejudice and a whole lot of pride

THE TRAIN ARRIVED and the group was waiting for a new carriage to come by. The air was definitely colder compared to London, the Autumn crisp coming early in Scotland. The sun was set and the lights from inside the castle were welcoming the students in. Although, Wendy was looking on the other side, opposite of the castle, expecting the new DADA teacher.

"Wendy, let's go?" Ron called out for Wendy who was the only one left.

Wendy let go looking for the professor, knowing he'd be there soon anyways. She jumped on the carriage with Ron, Hermione, Harry, Ginny, and Neville. She was the closest together with Harry to the Thestrals and only then she noticed how she could see them, despite never witnessing any death in person.

She glanced over at Harry, hoping he'd understand, but she only received a confused look from the boy, "forgot something on the train?"

"You can't see them?" She asked puzzled.

He was supposed to see them, wasn't he? In the books and movies he was the one who saw the Thestrals. She then thought of the events, Harry only saw the magical creatures after their fourth year; after Cedric's death. But she wasn't going to let that happen.

"You can see them too," A soft voice spoke.

Luna Lovegood appeared almost out of thin air holding her magazine close to her chest and with sparkly sunglasses on her head. Wendy couldn't help but smile, one of her favourite characters, she wondered how she didn't meet her yet.

"Hello Luna Lovegood, I'm Wendy."

"Yes, Wendy Stone from Gryffindor—last year a lot of Ravenclaws were speculating where you popped out from."

"Oh, well—good to know." She looked at her friends, "these are Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Ron and Ginny Weasley, and of course, Nevile Longbottom."

"Hello," She smiled.

Everyone smiled back and Neville offered his hand to help the girl up on the carriage. Weird things were happening and Luna Lovegood wasn't supposed to be there with them yet. Not that she minded it, but so many things weren't going as the books and movies wrote. Was it because of her?

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Fred asked.

"Are you thinking of participating?" George questioned the brother.

"YES!"

"You won't be able to get pass Dumbledore's magic," Wendy spoke walking pass them.

The two followed behind her, "are you saying that because you know the future?"

"No, I'm saying it because you'd have to be the greatest wizards of the century to find a flaw in the headmaster's magic."

"She's right, simple charms nor spells such as yours won't do the trick," Hermione commented them.

"You're right..." George admitted.

"...THAT IS WHY WE WON'T BE USING CHARMS NOR SPELLS." They said together.

Hermione sighed as she watched them run away with their devious plans. Wendy and Hermione continued their way to the Gryffindor Common Room after the welcoming feast of the night. So many bright students were sorted in Gryffindor and Wendy swore they would get enough points to win the house cup.

"Wendy!" A voice from behind them startled the two.

Wendy turned around hearing her name and saw the silver boy running towards them.

"Malfoy is running, is someone chasing him?"

Hermione chuckled, "I'll go first—don't wanna start the year by talking with him."