some executions to be done

IT WAS THE MORNING OF the first task. Everyone was quite nervous and lots of people were still holding grudges against Harry and Michael. But the two didn't seem to be bothered by it, especially Michael, who was able to convince Ron that there was nothing Harry could do about it and the two were the inseparable best friends they are. Harry was currently in the tent with the other participants, all quite nervous for the first task.

Hermione was fidgety and couldn't bear herself to stay put, "Wendy, I'm going."

Wendy at that, knew what the friend meant, "are you sure you want to go?"

The girl looked insecure but, ironically, confidence was pouring from her pores. Wendy couldn't leave her alone, that journalist, Rita was around and she knew the struggles the woman would bring to everyone. So she decided to come along to help her out and to visit Harry, Michael, and Cedric.

In there, she looked around while Hermione was having her turn talking to Harry. She could hear her warning the boy to be careful and not do anything reckless. But all three of the kids knew that Harry was the epitome of recklessness. Hermione couldn't help herself but hug Harry, Wendy, trying to stop her, got pulled in and the three got the attention of everyone else in the tent.

"Wendy?" Cedric stepped forward, "what are you doing here?"

Wendy was searching for words, but a light flashed in front of her. None other than infamous Rita Skeeter was in front of them with pen and paper following right behind, "are you visiting Cedric Diggory before he goes to battle to wish him good luck and possibly a one last sad goodbye?"

Wendy frowned at the woman, no boundaries whatsoever. Harry, knowingly, stepped forward, "The tent is for participants only, the press is not allowed."

Her light and thin eyebrows rose as she looked from over her glasses, "Nevertheless," she paused looking at Wendy and Hermione, "these two pretty girls are here. Is miss Granger here for you, The-boy-who-lived?"

Cedric was having enough, he was about to talk when Dumbledore barged in unannounced and loudly gathered in everyone. Noticing the journalist he eyed on her and the woman quickly walked away. Wendy pulled Hermione by her sleeve and whispered her to get going. Before going, though, Wendy caught a glimpse of Cedric and mouthed him to be careful. She saw Michael with the corner of her eye, but she was confident enough that the brother would have made it safely. Fortunately, no one noticed them going in and out of the tent, but Rita Skeeter was gonna make sure everyone will be made aware.

During the task, everything was the same. Cedric burned himself, Harry used his broom, and everyone got their egg. Even with Wendy knowing all of it it was disturbing to see her friends in danger and not being allowed to do anything to help them. She visited Cedric in the hospital wing, fortunately, he was okay, along with Harry and Michael who were sitting by Cedric's side.

"You three will be the death of me!" Wendy said.

"You're a tad overdramatic."

"Harry is right," said Cedric, "Quidditch prepared us for this and Michael seemed surprisingly at ease with the dragons."

Michael smirked, confidence overflowing him. He wasn't sure how he did it himself, but knowing certain spells that weren't taught yet in his year, helped him quite a bit. Wendy just glared at Cedric, she knew he was just joking around, but she didn't want them to get hurt anymore. If she was feeling that awful from them getting burns and scratches, she couldn't imagine how she will feel by the end of this story. If she still could even call it a story.

"Quidditch didn't prepare you for Rita Skeeter though," Hermione sat down beside Harry. The two boys looked at her trying to figure out what she meant and the girl just sighed and continued to explain, "she will release a piece based on what she saw in the tent. She doesn't care about the tournament, only about Harry."