there are some things we can help with

THE DAY OF THE THIRD TASK ARRIVED and Wendy was feeling more agitated than the competitors. The days beforehand she made sure to repeat everything to Cedric and Harry and went over the plan with Michael more than necessary. She bugged them until the very end about the keywords they had to remember. She made sure that Barty Senior was safe and he already told Dumbledore about Moody, but suggested him to take action only after the champions started the task.

At that point, it was too late for her to stop His return, and even if she did, he might find another way and that would have been even more dangerous.

That day was so full for Wendy, like every other big event she found herself running around making sure everyone was safe. Michael was already at the site of the third task, and as instructed by the persistent sister, he reminded Harry and Cedric once more of what they had to remember.

Michael, as he was waiting for Wendy with everyone else, was finally starting to realise that it was probably going to be fine if they changed some things about the story. He was still scared that something bad would happen to them, in consequence, but he finally felt what Wendy has been telling him about. Knowing what was about to happen and consciously choosing not to do anything was eating him from the inside.

"Hey!" Wendy called for everyone as she ran towards them.

"You made it just in time!" Hermione said.

"Wendy!" Cedric greeted her and was surprised when she jumped on him for a hug.

The two remained silent for a while as everyone, except for Ron, who was forced by Hermione, looked away.

"Run and trust him," she whispered as she let go of him.

"Yes, I will," he answered, although, still unsure who he was.

She then turned to Harry and grabbed both his hands with hers. A soft smile appeared on her face, like the one Molly would have when she saw her children off to King's Cross. Harry held her hands tightly, they were colder than his, even after the run she just had. He knew she was more nervous than she appeared to be, and was so grateful for her strength in hiding it.

"When you're in the dream you run," he said in a whisper, reassuring her that he remembers.

"When you're in the dream you run," she repeated in a sigh.

Wendy finally turned towards her brother. A heavy weight filled her heart even more than when she looked at Cedric and Harry. That was her brother, her bestest friend in her whole wide world. The one and only family she actually had, and she couldn't believe the words she was about to ask, "Will you?"

"I will do my best, Wendy," he said.

"Please stay safe too," she begged him, "If you don't think you can, don't do it."

"Have some trust, Wendy," he smiled at her.

And for a moment they were back in London in their room, she sighed, "and a little bit of pixie dust."

Everyone wished the three good luck and Hermione sneaked off to greet Krum too. Wendy found Fleur and with a hug she wished her luck.

"rester en sécurité, Fleur," she said.

Fleur was a little bit more surprised, putting away a bit of her worry for the task, "Parlez en Français?!" 

"Un peu," the girl admitted, "j'ai étudié Français a l'école de Muggles."

"Incrediblè!" Fleur said, "we will hang out after this, so we can talk more in French!"

"Absolutement!" Wendy said with enthusiasm before she was cut short with the sound of a canon.