tea sets in the second act

THE SECOND TASK WAS NEARING and both Cedric and Harry already knew the secret of the egg, with some little help from Wendy and Michael. This gave them a bit of time to relax; although, they still weren't aware of what was going to be the precious treasure hidden underwater. Things changed and Michael was worried her sister would be the one to end up underwater.

"I'm not going!" She reassured the brother, "Cedric has more important people in his school life right now."

The two admittedly went on a couple of dates, but Wendy always found Cedric unaffected by her presence unlike with Cho Chang in the books.

"You are so dense!" He screamed in exhaustion.

"Why is she dense?" Fred appeared out of nowhere followed by George.

"She cannot see how bad Cedric's got it," Michael explained receiving a look from Wendy, "am I wrong?"

The two looked at the girl, sitting down on the grass with her books and the coloured muggle pen they learned to call highlighter.

"Wendy is possibly the densest person I've ever met in my life," George said honestly.

"Uh," Fred brought his finger up, "Harry is too..."

"Hmmm," the brother nodded in agreement, "a tie."

Wendy sighed deeply, "I'll be fine either way."

"Even if it weren't Cedric, I would be in the competition," Michael fought, "that automatically puts you in there."

"Where there?" Fred asked, almost worried after hearing that the topic of the conversation was the competition happening that year.

The twins, so far, have been enjoying the whole Triwizard competition, even if they weren't able to be part of it themselves. Because of it they were able to pick up a few more money for their little project, and they couldn't be more excited about it.

Because of Michael's carelessness, Wendy shot a glance at him. Even if Fred and George were aware of their situation, she couldn't tell what will happen in the second task. Fortunately enough, if there was something that the twins knew well, that would be the looks shared between siblings.

"It's fine," George reassured the two, "you don't have to tell us."

"We have our mind set on something else anyways," Fred's mischievous smirk was back, and Wendy always found if so amusing as it dragged laughter after it.

Like during New Years, the two got in so much trouble for prepping the explosives and flying around the castle in their brooms. Several points were stripped from Gryffindor, but everyone was so contented that no Gryffindor regretted being part of it. Not even the twins when they were set for a month of detention.

After that night she asked all about the special event they prepared, but the only thing they would tell her was, "it's just a silly thing!"

"Alright then," Wendy said standing up, "I've got to meet with Cedric, goodbye!"

The three watched her walk away with books in hand.

"Do you like her?" Michael asked, almost out of nowhere, when he was sure that the girl was out of the range.

"What?! No!" The two said together, they stared each other surprised by each other's defensiveness. 

Michael only laughed, it seemed like Harry and Wendy weren't the only dense ones in that castle. With that, he walked away too, leaving the two behind.

"I really don't!" They said again.

"Stop copying me!"