new arrivals and delayed goodbyes

IT WASN'T THE FIRST TIME Wendy woke up in one of the beds in the hospital wing, but unlike before, the one beside her was unmade. Her head was heavy and she could feel a cold coming up, if it wasn't there already, but she forced herself to sit up. She looked around and found Draco glancing at her in silence on a chair just beside her bed. She brought her hands to her head, trying to fix her bed hair, but it was too late; he already saw it.

He chuckled and fixed himself in his seat, "can't be worse than what I saw already," He said teasing her. "You faint quite a lot, don't you, Stone?"

Wendy frowned at the sound of her last name. She never liked it, it sounded so rigid and cold. Very out of place with her name—Wendy Moira Angela Stone. Unlike the character in Peter Pan who was lucky to have the name "Darling".

"Please, just call me Wendy, like everyone else," she asked with a sore voice before clearing it.

"I don't wanna be like everyone else."

"Then call me something else, just not 'Stone'— it doesn't fit me."

Draco just stayed there looking at her and thinking about it. He was not going to do something just because someone asked him to, but he didn't even want to annoy the girl as she just woke up. So he decided to change subject instead, "Dumbledore was furious, you know?"

Wendy looked up at him, waiting for him to continue; quite interested in the matter.

"He went to the Ministry demanding they controlled the Dementors. They apparently kissed two students." He looked at her in the eyes and she avoided his gaze looking away, "one was Potter, during the game, everyone knows now. Seems like the Hufflepuff seeker, Diggory, caught a glimpse of it. And the other one—" he paused studying her, "no one knows."

Wendy sighed silently. She didn't know how she could explain how she got out of that situation, and didn't have any intention to. Draco stood up and walked over the night stand and opened a bottle of potion. He got a spoon and versed until it reached the edge, "you should drink this, if you don't want to catch a cold."

Wendy looked at the liquid. She wasn't good at Potions, so she had no idea what it was, but she had a feeling she could trust Draco, knowing he would become a great healer. She drank the potion that Draco was holding. The boy made sure she didn't leave any behind. His eyes fixed on her and the spoon, suddenly this little voice telling him how rosy her lips look. He quickly dropped the spoon on the night stand, suddenly feeling nervous.

"If you don't like the taste of it, there is some water over here." He said pouring water in the glass that was just beside her bed, trying to focus on something else.

Wendy, flustered, managed to whisper a little "thank you".

Draco sat back in the chair, leaving the room awfully quiet again.

"Is Harry okay?" She finally asked after a moment of hesitation.

"Uh—yeah, he left when I arrived here." He smiled bitterly, "he probably preferred to leave in pain rather than stay here with me in the room."

Wendy didn't want to agree nor disagree, she knew Harry could do such thing, but preferred to leave it unknown. Instead she asked something different that came to her just that moment, "why are you here?"

Draco, taken aback, looked away towards the window. He wasn't sure himself, but when he found out, by Parkinson, that Wendy was in the hospital wing too he had the biggest urge to come and make sure nothing serious happened. Madam Pomfrey promised that the girl would be up in her feet by morning, but Draco knew that there was something Wendy didn't mention, and when he found out about the second victim of a Dementor's attack, he knew Wendy had to do something with it.