frou-frou on a date

FRIENDS WERE SO IMPORTANT, especially when one of the current most popular boys in school just asked you out on a date and you have no idea of how dates worked in their fantasy world of magic and unicorns. Saying it like that, Wendy thought of how bizarre her life has come to be. If anyone told her she would be going out on a date with such a perfect fictional character she would have laughed in their face and then cried in her room wishing it were true.

But in the moment, as she woke up way too early, she couldn't even began to think on how to start getting ready. She was still sitting on her bed at eleven in the morning of that Sunday and Hermione and Ginny just visited her back from the Great Hall.

"Wendy, are you feeling sick?" Ginny asked sitting on the side of her bed.

Wendy was still in her trance but the weight of the girl on her bed, woke her up from it. She looked at the two girls and she could only shake her head.

"Then tell us what's wrong?" Hermione spoke in a gentle voice.

Wendy took a deep breath, before opening her mouth, and she finally took enough courage to say something, "Cedric D-Diggory."

"What about him?" Hermione was starting to get worried. Knowing where Wendy came from, this was not good news.

"He..." She said in a whisper, "asked me out."

There was a moment of silence, the two girls trying to process the information and Ginny was the first to speak, "on a date, you mean?"

Wendy simply nodded.

Both of her friends were quite suprised. They knew that Cedrid had it for their friend, but they weren't still quite sure as Wendy always said that he liked Cho Chang. It was all unsure up until that moment.

"When is that going to be?" Ginny was quite anxious herself and she didn't mean to hide it.

"We're going to meet at one."

"But it's past twelve already!"

Wendy was aware, but she didn't know what to do nor how to start. After a few moments of silence Ginny grabbed her arm and pulled her out of the bed, "let's get you ready, come on!"

The sound of the bell rang through the halls of the castle. Cedric was waiting for Wendy just outside the tower, he didn't want to risk being seen around the entrance of the dormitory. But that wasn't the reason why his hands were so sweaty. He played with his fingers to pass time and try to calm himself a bit.

The last of the bell rang and he started hearing footsteps behind him. He turned around to see Ginny and Hermione smiling at him.

"She'll be here in a minute," Hermione answered his unspoken question.

The boy nodded, and as if on cue Wendy appeared from just around the corner. She was wearing a very casual attire that matched the cold weather of Autumn. The pink short sleeved turtle neck, to cover her enough from the cold but allow her to move freely when they would be inside the warm pub that night in the Three Broomsticks, it was tucked inside the typical 90s high-wasted trousers. On top of all that, she had her light blue ribbons at the end of her braids to match her mom jeans.

This was Cedric's first time seeing her with such casual clothes, as he never brought himself to pay too much attention before that. She cleared his throat and smiled at her, "shall we?" He asked opening one of his arms out to the outside of the castle.