the legacy of the Marauders

CLASSES REASSUMED FOR Wendy and everyone else, days passing by fast. Having missed two years, she had a lot of catching up to do, but she balanced herself like a true master with some time to spare for friends and activities. On top of that, every morning, she woke up earlier than the others to jog around the perimeter of the castle, to maintain her health. She didn't want the episode with the Dementor to occur again.

For curfews, she had special permission from Dumbledore himself to stay up late and use the library, with the sole condition of not straining herself to the edge. Envied by the twins, she freely walked her way to the library late at night. Even if Fred and George had any means to roam around unnoticed, they wished to have the girl's privileges. Although, they had to admit, that it wouldn't have been as thrilling.

Hermione and Wendy grew closer with time spent together in the library. Hermione was truly one of the best female characters she has read about, and found her worthy of esteem. Because of this, she spent incredible amount of time with Ron and Harry too. Who have turned out to be the best friends Wendy truly needed so far away from home.

Harry, in particular, felt close to Wendy, as she too lost her family in a way. He just wasn't aware that she didn't loose them to death. Although, the thought of having her family alive in some parts of England at that moment, but not be able to see them, killed a little part of her everyday.

Wendy still haven't told any of the three about her past, but she mentioned about some very vague informations of herself; all they knew was that she was a muggleborn.

In the meantime, she tried her best to think of a plan to destroy the Horcruxes, but she had no idea where to start; and if she was going to be successful in capturing Peter Pettigrew before fleeing, she wouldn't need to destroy the Horcruxes in such a hurry. She never saw the rat in person, as that year it went missing quite a few times, but she knew that with the help of Harry's map she could find it without worry.

"Harry," she whispered at the boy, trying to not catch too much attention from Hermione and Ron, "would you mind if I borrowed your map tonight?"

Harry looked at the girl a bit puzzled, "why do you need it?"

"I'm searching for someone," Not a lie, but she could have done better.

Wendy seemed serious, and he knew there were some things she was still hiding from him. But by that time, he knew he could trust her as much as he could trust Ron and Hermione, "Alright—"

"Thank you!" She exclaimed clapping her hands together and catching Hermione and Ron's attention.

"One condition," He said. She nodded, ready to do anything. She was going to put a stop to Peter's evil plans and Voldemort's return. "We are coming with you."

Wendy wasn't ready for that. She looked at him and shook her head, "No! It's dangerous, I—"

"That's exactly why we're going with you; it's dangerous," He repeated.

"Harry is right," Hermione spoke, "whatever this is, we're doing it together."

Wendy looked at Hermione, she wasn't even aware of the plan nor topic of conversation and she still decided to take part of it. She then glanced at Ron, who was looking a bit confused but nodded his head either ways, with confidence. Only Ron could be confident and confused as the same time.

Before she could say no, she found herself getting ready for the mission they were taking on, that same night. The four met in the Common Room and, without the Fat Lady guarding, they didn't receive any scolding. In her place there was Sir Candogan, a very impulsive and ready-for-adventure knight.